It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arm, Wrist & Hand Message Board

• Endoscopic hand surgery on the same hand

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 06-23-2018, 03:50 AM   #1
    martinb8034
    (male)

martinb8034 HB User
    Endoscopic hand surgery on the same hand

Hello new here. I had open hand surgery 13 years ago on my left hand. I have been diagnosed of having carpal tunnel again. I am experiencing severe wrist pain and numbness ocaisonally. I am scheduled for endoscopic surgery on July 2nd. I have read that I might not be a candidate for this surgery if I already open surgery on the same hand. Is this true? Can they go in and do a release again or is this a risk of developing a worse problem than I already have? Thanks Martin

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2018, 12:09 PM   #2
    tess201
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB User
    Re: Endoscopic hand surgery on the same hand

Each case is probably very individual in terms of treatment. I had an open surgical procedure on my hand in February. Since it didn't work I'm probably going to have to have another, but different procedure to try to fix the problem. Both are open surgeries; so in my case, it will be two, but different, surgical procedures on the same hand. Again, each situation I'm sure is different but if you are concerned you could always get a second opinion. This is what I am planning to do.

Wishing you the best with this,

Tess

Reply Reply