It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arm, Wrist & Hand Message Board

• severe pain and very limited mobility of right thumb 1 year after cmc arthoplasty

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-08-2018, 05:08 PM   #1
    phoenix928
    (female)

phoenix928 HB User
    severe pain and very limited mobility of right thumb 1 year after cmc arthoplasty

I had surgery 1 yr ago, wish i never had it done!
    I get constant swelling at the base of my right thumb. now today not only do i have the swelling but i can barely move my thumb.
    The fatty part of my palm by my thumb is indented instead of being flat" like my left hand.
    This is something new. not only is my palm "indented", but I can"t spread my thumb down towards a 90 degree angle. I can't seem to get it to move past a 30 degree angle, and that is painful. It even hurts to move my wrist in a downward motion.
    Has anyone else had this problem?
    Any suggestions?
    i've iced it, and have taken some pain meds. I'm wondering if i should go to the E.R. as I'm visiting Iowa from Az.

The following user gives a hug of support to phoenix928:
    tess201 (09-09-2018)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2018, 09:43 AM   #2
    tess201
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB User
    Re: severe pain and very limited mobility of right thumb 1 year after cmc arthoplasty

I'm also having many problems after my surgery (the mini-tightrope procedure for CMC), in February of this year. I have severe limitations trying to use that hand, my dominant hand. I finally sought a second opinion and will be having revision surgery later this year. Have you consulted with the surgeon? I doubt that the ER can do anything but you might seek out a second opinion.

Tess

Reply Reply

Tags
    arthirits, cmc arthroplasty, complications