It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arm, Wrist & Hand Message Board

Carpal Tunnel Issues?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-04-2018, 10:15 PM   #1
KG7
(female)

KG7 HB User
Carpal Tunnel Issues?

I trip and fell on Sept 30th and fractured my left radius and ulna bones. I was put in a splint and sling until I saw the surgeon on Oct 5th. I was advised I needed surgery and had it the next day which was a Saturday. Something about my bone was 37 degrees off or twisted. I just remember the 37 degrees. Since i had been having some tingling and weakness in my hand went ahead and also had a carpal tunnel release surgery while i was having plates and screws put in. I saw my surgeon on Oct 19th to get my stitches taken out my fingers/wrist were still swollen. My palm was hurting I felt like I was getting stabbed there. This pain is still bothering me to this day. My wrist still hurts. I have pains in my forearm and shoulder off and on. My thumb feels numb at the tip. I started OT on Oct 25th 2x a week. I cant make a fist. I can only move my fingers so far. I have a drop wrist. I went to see my surgeon this past week and he tells me this is not from surgery. I have CRPS type 2 and he call and is having me see a pain management DR and that I have nerve damage I guess this happen when I fell. I will probably have to have a nerve block or injections he was telling me. I did had a nerve block when I had surgery. I don't know what to expect. I don't know why my surgeon made that phone call. He did start me on Gabapentin which I think is starting to help some. I'm thinking it hasn't even been 2 months since I fell. Has anyone experience this with there surgeon? I don't know if he cares and is getting me help or what is going on. I am 54 and this is my first time breaking a bone. My surgeon thought I would be back to work by Nov 30th but since I really cant use my left arm its impossible. Any advice anyone could give me I would appreciate it. I just look at my left wrist and arm and get sad. My surgeon had me wear a removable splint since I still have swelling in my hand plus with nerve damage I guess. I can take it off while I am at home but wear it at night and when I am out. Been in it since Oct 19th. My therapist took me out of the removable splint Nov. 27th to start wearing the glove and sleeve. The swelling has went down big time in my fingers/knuckles. I still cant make a fist and my thumb I cant bend and still feels numb. I cant move my wrist up it will go down just a little. I cant turn my arm over. I cant put to much pressure on my elbow. I saw the pain management Dr on Dec 3rd and had a nerve block. I will need another 1 next week and a week after. I don't know what to expect after these are done. I just know after the nerve block I am getting jabs in my palm more. I just know I hurt most of the time. Is a lot of my problems from the nerve damage? Sorry for a long post. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply