It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arm, Wrist & Hand Message Board

• pain from thumb arthroscopy!

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 02-17-2019, 08:11 PM   #1
    rubyr1
    (female)

rubyr1 HB User
    pain from thumb arthroscopy!

So tired of all the pain associated with this R. thumb arthroscopy! 6 weeks in a cast, now another 2 months in a brace. Is this dr. nuts? Am just starting hand therapy after a whole 8 wks. out. Scared my thumb will never heal. Yes, Ive been overdoing it, but its my R. hand. And am very r. handed! Very hard to do much with L hand.
    Had this surgery in S. CA

L thumb done up in S. Oregon by the greatest hand surgeon., No cast, only 2 days of pain. Got full use back in no time at all. Still can't believe I didn't research the after surgery protocol with this dr. here in CA. I am not believing that this R. thumb will ever heal. Still in lots of pain and its so weak. I nhope someone can reassure me that it will heal because right now need to get back to work. She says no use of right hand for another month! Has anyone else had 3 months without being able to use their hand? Isn't she overdoing it?

Last edited by Administrator; 02-18-2019 at 04:54 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2019, 06:34 PM   #2
    Relevant
    (female)

Relevant HB User
    Re: pain from thumb arthroscopy!

I had this surgery done and it took me 6 months to finally be pain free and get the use of my hand back. My dr said it took that long because I went back to work too soon and I believe he was right but at the time I was convinced that the surgery was a failure. Hang in there it will heal but you must not use your hand if your dr says not to.

Reply Reply