It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arm, Wrist & Hand Message Board

• Throbbing/pulsation between thumb and index finger

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 02-28-2019, 08:42 AM   #1
    n9ne
    (male)

n9ne HB User
    Throbbing/pulsation between thumb and index finger

So I just got to work, sat down and I started to feel a pulsating on my thumb web on top of my hand. Between my thumb and index finger. What can cause this? I have bad health anxiety so its freaking me out. And I just came back from a doctors appointment for a lump on my testicle which he thinks is probably a cyst.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2019, 09:01 AM   #2
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User
    Re: Throbbing/pulsation between thumb and index finger

Dear n9ne.

B complex vitamins helps with anxiety and nervousness issues. I sure hope that cancer is discovered, but be aware that your anxiety can cause the throbbing feeling, and also the anxiety can be completely physical in origin.

B vitamins are not stored in the body like some vitamins are. So we can get depleted every day. Most humans are deficient in balanced B vitamins and it is the B vitamins that feed the nerves. Pure vitamins are not always easily digested, either, but it happens that B vitamins are water soluble so we can easily digest those.

You can buy a well balanced B vitamin called B 100, and take one every day with plenty of water. In two weeks you may notice a significant difference in how you feel more relaxed and at peace. B vitamins are from a yellow substance so the urine turns yellow. If it gets on your underwear just sit the clothing in water until it can be washed with other clothes. It is harmless.

B vitamins must be balanced, so rather than to get B1 or B6, etc. do get B 100
    (B complex is a different combination that in my opinion is not as well balanced as B100). Each B vitamin need to be balanced with the other B vitamins in order to be effective. If you wonder about this you can read up by doing a search of' B vitamin deficiency' and 'B vitamin imbalance'.

Let us know what you find out, ok?

Old 02-28-2019, 09:16 AM   #3
    n9ne
    (male)

n9ne HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by yayagirl View Post
    Dear n9ne.
    I sure hope that cancer is discovered,
    Thanks...lol..im guessing that was a typo....but yeah I really wasn't anxious at the time my thumb web started to spasm or pulsate. Its not doing it now but it was just weird. I don't think I've ever had that happen before that I can think of

Old 02-28-2019, 09:26 AM   #4
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User

I can understand that, n9ne. LOL

When we have internalized anxiety, meaning we may not be thinking about a body part, but when stressed or worried and when we are looking at problems or potential problems that can cause us to notice a throb or pulsation in the body, then we focus on it. It's normal to do that.

Old 02-28-2019, 11:13 AM   #5
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Nerve impingement or irritation, repetative strain, texting thumb, etc.

q

Old 02-28-2019, 12:40 PM   #6
    n9ne
    (male)

n9ne HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by quincy View Post
    Nerve impingement or irritation, repetative strain, texting thumb, etc.

q
    ive also been having aching on the inner forearm of my other arm. Not sure if that's a nerve or what.

Old 03-01-2019, 08:14 AM   #7
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Dear n9ne,

Spending hours sitting at a desk, typing, writing, or even just looking at the screen etc. can cause all of those sensations. We all need to take time to stand, stretch, and move, to relax our minds and muscles and ligaments, etc. No one can spend hours being inactive and not get symptoms as you experience.

Of course, it is the muscles and nerves that tell you what you have been doing needs to change. get up, do stretches, if you type be sure to do hand and arm stretches, walk around, sit correctly, etc. There are all sorts of things we need to do for ourselves when we do desk work, hon.

OR, otherwise we can end up complicating our lives with problems we didn't have to have.

Old 03-01-2019, 10:36 AM   #8
    quincy
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Yes, nerve....i have the same issues, and the pain has literally brought me to my knees.

I suggest you see your doctor and have nerve conducting testing. It should isolate the issue and suggestions of what stretches, strengthening, body positioning and ergonomic adjustments you can do. There are also proper support devices for those areas when things are at the worst.

In the meantime, if you can take aleve or ibuprophen, that can help with inflammation. Or application of voltaren if pills are contraindicated.

Make an appointment soon, keep us updated.

q

Reply Reply