It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arm, Wrist & Hand Message Board

• Stiff finger

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-17-2019, 11:08 AM   #1
    Ken Castleberry
    (male)

Ken Castleberry HB User
    Stiff finger

My finger, next to my little finger, right hand, developed trigger finger a few months ago. It would lock in either straight or bent position and I could manually move it (popping sound). Now, it is straight and I cannot bend it down to touch my palm. Looking for suggestions as to what I might try. It does NOT hurt unless I try to bend it too far and it isn't swollen. I'm 76, male, and live on a farm, so not working with my hands is not much of an option. I also play electric blues guitar, hybrid picker, so this is a big deal for me. I have tried soaking with Epsom salts, rubbing with castor oil, and various other home-grown remedies. Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited by Ken Castleberry; 03-17-2019 at 11:10 AM. Reason: typo

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2019, 04:21 AM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Stiff finger

Hi mom went through this...she has a job where she uses her hands all day long too....her only option was steroid shots in the finger to relax the muscle or surgery. She has finally scheduled it for this spring...but for the past 2 years I have listened to her tell me how painful it is every day of her life...the steroid shots help. Have you seen an orthopedic doctor who specializes in hands? They can give you some options.

Reply Reply

Tags
    finger injury, limited mobility, trigger finger