It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arm, Wrist & Hand Message Board

• Tendonitis?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 08-06-2020, 11:54 AM   #1
    greyc
    (female)

greyc HB User
    Tendonitis?

A number of weeks ago I woke up with a pinched nerve in my right shoulder blade. I didn't give it much thought because I've had them intermittently throughout my life and expected it to go away on its own in a few days. About two weeks ago I went to a chiropractor and after a couple of sessions it got worse, so I didn't continue treatment. Our neighbor is a pilates instructor and she showed me some exercises, none of which have helped much. Now, all these weeks later, the pain in my shoulder blade has moved to the outside area/upper arm and radiates down the back of my upper arm into the elbow area. There is also pain in my forearm. Strangely, I feel pain in the knuckle at the base of my right index finger, but that's really only if something rubs up against that spot. Sometimes it feels like someone is sticking me in the outer shoulder blade with a hot poker and the pain runs down the back of my arm.
    I was thinking possible carpal tunnel because I'm a freelance bookkeeper and at the computer many hours each day, but I don't have pain in the wrist area at all, so now I'm wondering if I'm dealing with some sort of tendonitis.
    Does anyone have any suggestions/insight into what might be going on and how I can get rid of the pain and heal?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply