It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arm, Wrist & Hand Message Board

• de Quervain’s tenosynovitis

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 08-13-2020, 03:02 PM   #1
    MamaToTwo
    (female)

MamaToTwo HB User
    de Quervain’s tenosynovitis

A few years back I tore my ulnar collateral ligament in my thumb and even with physio it’s never healed properly. Increasing thumb pain and laxity and now my wrist is involved. Had an ultrasound this week that showed thickened ligament and tendons from “remote trauma” and de Quervain’s is the diagnosis. Doctor is suggesting cortisone shots which I’m cool with. Anybody have this annoying and painful condition and what good treatments are there? I depend on my hands for work.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2022, 08:01 PM   #2
    curly fry
    Veteran
    (female)

curly fry HB Usercurly fry HB Usercurly fry HB Usercurly fry HB Usercurly fry HB User
    Re: de Quervain’s tenosynovitis

this might not be helpful but I can relate. I had a fall about 4 years ago and my wrist never healed right. after having a (large) baby, just changing his diaper and mixing formula screwed my wrist more. now, in order to grab something have to be careful. if I just go for it, something in my wrist just catches and it stings bad. ive developed a lump thats affecting my thumb and pointer. I couldn't even do a pushup if I tried . hope ur shots help!!

Reply Reply