It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arm, Wrist & Hand Message Board

• Arm pain following chiropractor visit

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-17-2013, 07:12 PM   #1
    kanattoo
    (female)

kanattoo HB User
    Unhappy Arm pain following chiropractor visit

42 year old healthy female, average weight, finally went to the chiro after years of neck and shoulder pain. I gave in because I also started having pain in my hip and strange, very painful cramps in the middle of my thigh. I thought maybe I have a pinched nerve. I've been adjusted 5 times so far. My neck and shoulder feel great, but still having the thigh pain. He told me that the separate pains have nothing to do with each other. He didn't seem too concerned about my weird cramps and other than popping my hip, hasn't really done much in that area. After my last appointment, both of my forearms were very sore. He hadn't done anything to my arms. I told him at the next visit and he thought I must have done something to cause it, heavy lifting, typing, other activities. I can not think of a single thing that I could have done. He pushed on both arms in several places and it was so painful! Fast forward several days and one of my arms hurts soo bad! It now hurts all the way up to my armpit and now includes my hand. It aches terribly and hurts if you push on it in certain places like a bruise would. When I sleep, I have to force myself to keep my arm straight because it hurts if I bend it. I think the chiro did something to me. Just curious if anyone else has ever experienced this after visiting a chiropractor? It makes me not want to go back

Last edited by kanattoo; 12-17-2013 at 07:13 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2014, 04:02 PM   #2
    SpineAZ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User
    Re: Arm pain following chiropractor visit

Find a new chiropractor.

Look online for a "dermatome chart" or "dermatome picture"

Leg pain can be pain generated form problems in the lumbar spine. A nerve impingementin the lumbar spine will lead to pain in certa in parts of the body (legs, hip, feet, etc).

Arm/hand pain can be generated from problems in the cervical spine. A nerve impingement in some areas of the cervical spine can cause pain in the shoulder, in other areas of the cervical spine pain can be felt in upper arm, or elbow or even in the fingers.

I had severe arm pain years ago that was C6-C7 nerve impingement. I had numbness in KY fingers and didn't move quickly enough toward surgery.

Not that every leg/arm pain in spinal based, but it can be. So some self education and perhaps an in depth discussion with a general practitioner /internal med doc will be helpful. There's a time and place for chiropractic care, but not when the chiro is NOT looking at your symptoms holistically.

Closed Thread