It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arm, Wrist & Hand Message Board

• Fingers and hands hurt

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-04-2014, 02:34 AM   #1
    Worrybucket
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User
    Fingers and hands hurt

For a couple of weeks now I have had pain in my fingers and hands.

It started with a lumpy boney bit on the top knuckle of my right hand middle finger. I showed the Doctor and she called it something, alikened to arthritis.

She gave me some pain relief gel to rub on it which doesn't seem to help much.

But the pain im getting is actually in both hands. My fingers feel tight and swollen and I cant bend them totally. It feel like its fluid in the fleshy parts.

I have also hurt my back and am seeing a chiro right now as its in the lower spine and I have had it for 2 weeks and it wasn't getting better, although it is a bit freeer now.

I did feel my back go when chasing my dog and bending down to her before Christmas.

I just hurt all over right now. Could this be perimeno? as I am suffering from that too (

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2014, 09:21 PM   #2
    Need2rest
    (female)

Need2rest HB User
    Re: Fingers and hands hurt

Maybe you should see a rheumatologist? I have a nodule caused from Rheumatoid arthritis.My fingers are swollen and very stiff most of the time, along with my knees.I hope you can get answers soon. Take care!

Old 07-06-2014, 09:59 AM   #3
    jewl600
    (female)

jewl600 HB User

My hands and fingers hurt too. Where they hurt most is right above the knuckle to the bottom of the nailbed and the top of my hands. Both hands!! I fell in November on my outstretched arm and hurt my elbow, forearm, and wrist on the left side. I recently had an MRI which showed degenerative arthritis disease in my wrist and elbow. I don't know about my fingers and hands though. I'm sure it's in there as well. My right elbow does not bother me though. I had both hips replaced because of arthritis. I believe it spreads like wild fire once you get it though. Falling caused the arthritis in my left elbow and wrist though

Last edited by mod85; 07-06-2014 at 06:25 PM.

Old 07-06-2014, 10:55 AM   #4
    solofelix
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi,

I have same in my fingers. Most of them have bony lumps and some days they swell up and look like they will break through the skin.
    My Dr diagnosed the same as your Arthritis, I also have it in my shoulder. I found rubbing Ibuprofen gel on them useless, (it did nothing).
    I also find mine more painful in the summer than the winter, I know...) sound's strange.
    I cant take Ibuprofen because I have had stomach ulcers but what I did find helpful though I don't know why, was "Manuka Honey".
    What medication do you take?...

Solofelix.

Old 07-06-2014, 11:01 AM   #5
    noevr
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User

Hi I had hand wrist and finger pain about two yrs ago. I have fibro too. A friend kept telling me to stop using artificial sweetners. I finally did and it went away in about a week. I don't know if that's the same as what you have but you could try. Cathy

Old 07-06-2014, 12:04 PM   #6
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

I agree a rheumatologist visit would be helpful. There are different types of arthritis, some more inflammatory than others. These can be diagnosed and managed a variety of ways, and arthritis such as rheumatoid arthritis can cause joint deformity over time, so it is best to figure out what you are dealing with and treat it appropriately. You could try OTC Naproxen (caution with history of stomach ulcers or kidney disease), but that may be just a "bandaid" without a diagnosis.

Closed Thread