It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arm, Wrist & Hand Message Board

• Arm and hand pain

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-11-2014, 11:19 AM   #1
    cajunlady23
    (female)

cajunlady23 HB User
    Arm and hand pain

I was told last year that I had a pinched nerve in my neck. He said something about C7. My whole arm and hand hurts soo bad. Even my fingers. I was sent to physical therapy last week. He said not a thing about the pinched nerve, but was only concentrating on my carpal tunnel ( which I know I have ). I was put on Neurontin, which I have been on before. It didn't help the first time I was on it. I am still having a lot of pain in the neck and my entire arm and to my fingers. Should I question him as to why he is more concerned with my hand than the pinched nerve ?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2014, 06:00 PM   #2
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
    Re: Arm and hand pain

Yes, make sure he knows that you have a nerve compression in your neck and pain down your entire arm. The neck should be the focus of treatment to relieve pressure on the disc if possible.

Old 01-11-2014, 06:13 PM   #3
    cajunlady23
    (female)

cajunlady23 HB User

I tried to tell him about my neck, but kept cutting me off and talking about the hand and wrist. I can not afford to go anywhere else. My next appointment is not until November. I have no insurance so going elsewhere would be a problem. And my neck hurts most of the time.

Old 01-12-2014, 06:23 AM   #4
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Have you had an MRI to determine if you have a herniated disc in neck pressing on the nerve? That should be done since it has been a year and pain is worse. In the meantime you can try OTC meds like Naproxen twice a day, a cervical collar to limit motion (measure neck circumference to get right size at drugstore), and possibly a muscle relaxant (Rx) if you are having spasm.

Closed Thread