It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arm, Wrist & Hand Message Board

• Burning, tingling and loss of grip in arms and hands.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-07-2014, 05:41 AM   #1
    Lauryn122300
    (female)

Lauryn122300 HB User
    Thumbs down Burning, tingling and loss of grip in arms and hands.

Over the past year or so I noticed that on occasion I get this burning in my upper arms and forearms. It doesn't last very long and usually goes away on it's own. It used to only happen when I would start to feel anxious and I attributed it to my body just kind of tensing up. However, now it's starting to be an all the time thing anxious or not. I work in IT and have so for the past 6 1/2 years so I do a lot of computer work. I thought it could possibly be carpal tunnel, but my symptoms don't add up entirely. I have taken aleve to try and get rid of the pain, but it doesn't help. Then I started noticing the tingling in my pinky finger, the feeling that my grip was weaker than normal and that I'm suddenly not as coordinated with my hands as I used to be. I feel clumsy and awkward just cutting my food with a knife and fork. Now the tingling is in my entire hand and the burning is still there. It's been at least 3 weeks. I saw my primary care physician and he prescribed me meloxicam and it has done little to improve my current situation. I'm just wondering if there may be something else going on. I told my mom I'd like to see a neurologist and she just rolled her eyes at me. I don't know what I should do.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-07-2014, 06:20 AM   #2
    Seraph
    Facilitator
    (female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
    Re: Burning, tingling and loss of grip in arms and hands.

Go and see a neurologist. You don't need your mom's approval, and I think your symptoms do bear checking out. It may also be an upper spinal issue. It is your health, you need to take the initiative here. Sera

Closed Thread

Tags
    arm pain, burning feeling, coordination, tingling in fingers