It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arm, Wrist & Hand Message Board

• Sprained or Broken Wrist opinions

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-04-2014, 05:21 AM   #1
    jma10241
    (male)

jma10241 HB User
    Sprained or Broken Wrist opinions

So yesterday I was riding my bike and fell, naturally put my hands out to catch myself and hurt my wrist. I am thinking it is sprained because I can move it with little to no pain. I am able to squeeze a ball real tight. It didn't swell or bruise and this morning still no swelling or bruising, just certain ways I turn it hurts a little.

I did some Googling and one thing said if it was broken it would hurt to poke or squeeze with my other hand which it does not. What pain I do get is very dull and just enough to let me know it's not 100% but not it's not insane pain by any means. I was going to go to the hospital if I woke up and it was worse or I couldn't move it, but it's about the same and I can move my fingers and make a fist no problem. I was just curious of any opinions I know only way to really know is a trip to the doctors.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2014, 06:32 PM   #2
    stamm678
    (female)

stamm678 HB Userstamm678 HB Userstamm678 HB Userstamm678 HB Userstamm678 HB Userstamm678 HB Userstamm678 HB User
    Re: Sprained or Broken Wrist opinions

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jma10241 View Post
    So yesterday I was riding my bike and fell, naturally put my hands out to catch myself and hurt my wrist. I am thinking it is sprained because I can move it with little to no pain. I am able to squeeze a ball real tight. It didn't swell or bruise and this morning still no swelling or bruising, just certain ways I turn it hurts a little.

I did some Googling and one thing said if it was broken it would hurt to poke or squeeze with my other hand which it does not. What pain I do get is very dull and just enough to let me know it's not 100% but not it's not insane pain by any means. I was going to go to the hospital if I woke up and it was worse or I couldn't move it, but it's about the same and I can move my fingers and make a fist no problem. I was just curious of any opinions I know only way to really know is a trip to the doctors.
    I had a bike accident 2-1/2 years ago and I went over the bars, landing on my head and left hand. My wrist was really sore but I could still do things (like load my bike on to my roof rack to get home). I gave it a few days and because the pain was consistent, I went to see my doctor who diagnosed a fractured bone. At that time, I remember searching online and found that most wrist sprains are reportedly fractures. It can take a little while for a hairline fracture to show up on an X-ray, but I wouldn't wait too long to get it looked at in case you need to be casted. Good luck!

Old 08-18-2014, 09:59 AM   #3
    BUD778
    (male)

BUD778 HB User
    Re: Sprained or Broken Wrist opinions

Id go for a xray just in case...be safe

Closed Thread