It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arm, Wrist & Hand Message Board

• submuscular ulnar nerve transposition surgery

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-10-2014, 06:50 AM   #1
    dave911nj
    (male)

dave911nj HB User
    submuscular ulnar nerve transposition surgery

Too much old stuff on the subject of submuscular ulnar nerve transposition surgery. I had the surgery on 10/2/14. Everything i searched for prior to surgery was 5+ years old, and scared the cr*p out of me. So, i felt the need to put my experience up here. Things must have changed over the course of the past 5-7 years which most of the posts i found were. First off...you cannot have any dr do this surgery. You need one who specializes in hand and upper extremities. This is a must. Plus, someone who has done this surgery in the past is a major plus. I am in new jersey, and luckily found someone right here in state. Btw, i am typing this with 2 hands one week after surgery. I was in my splint/half cast for about a week. When i went for my post op appointment 6 days after surgery i was scared, because i was unsure of what to expect with moving my elbow, or what it would even look like. Keep in mind, after surgery for about 4-5 days, you will need pain meds, but if you take every 4 hours, the pain is minimal. At my post op appt, they removed splint/half cast, and bent my elbow with ease, and no pain. The soreness was more from the incision, which did look nasty lol. No stitches or staples to remove since i have the stitches that dissolve. Next up, dr told me i need to wear my sling for 2 more weeks till i see him again, not even a dressing on incision area. He put on a small ace bandage and said wear this only for cosmetic reasons so other dont have to see it, and gave me 2 extras, but i have not worn it. Sling does not need to be worn at home resting or laying around. I really feel good one week after surgery, and expected to be worse based on old postings. Cant lift anything either more than like a container of milk. Too many people expect instant feeling in their pinky and ring finger, but little know nerve take 1cm a day to heal. All i can say is i picked the best dr so far,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2014, 09:51 AM   #2
    BUD778
    (male)

BUD778 HB User
    Re: submuscular ulnar nerve transposition surgery

good luck im in South NJ I goto Philly hand center.

Old 02-05-2015, 06:52 PM   #3
    Cocoinbonita
    (female)

Cocoinbonita HB User

Wow, your post is encouraging. I, too, am scared as I meet the orthopedic surgeon on Monday 2/9/15. If you have any other words of advice or would post an update, I for one, will appreciate it.
    Thank you for your consideration.

Old 02-05-2015, 06:53 PM   #4
    Cocoinbonita
    (female)

Cocoinbonita HB User

Wow, your post is encouraging. I, too, am scared as I meet the orthopedic surgeon on Monday 2/9/15. If you have any other words of advice or would post an update, I for one, will appreciate it.
    Thank you for your consideration.

Closed Thread