It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arm, Wrist & Hand Message Board

• faint line on my thumb

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-15-2014, 02:35 PM   #1
    roadrunner2
    (male)

roadrunner2 HB User
    faint line on my thumb

Hey there. I asked around about this a lot, but I dont seem to get a straight answer from anyone. In mid to late August, I hit my thumb on the side of a truck when I was working. It was bleeding pretty bad in the middle part of the thumb (not under the nail, but on the actual thumb), but I didn't think anything about it, because I do stuff like that all the time. Well, in about late October, early November, I noticed this very faint line on my thumb going from the bottom to the top. Its so faint that it looks just like a darker shade than the skin around it. Ive read things online ranging from melanoma to longitudal melancholylia, and I think it might be the latter. Ive read that trauma can cause this, and that is the reason I believe it to be the longitudal thing. I'm not a doctor though, and I dont want to assume something and have it be something else. It has been wracking at my nerves, and I can't stop thinking about it, because every time I look down to my hand, I see it. Also, besides the faint band on the nail, there is something I think is called a splinter hemorrhage. It showed up about a week to two weeks ago, and I dont know if it could be caused by the same thing. Thanks for reading!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2014, 04:37 AM   #2
    tess201
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB User
    Re: faint line on my thumb

If it's causing you stress not knowing why not see a doc and have it checked out?

Tess

Closed Thread