It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board

• pain every day

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 07-06-2015, 11:33 PM   #1
    brendamuse
    (female)

brendamuse HB User
    Smile pain every day

Ive been doing research on the internet and also in various places about the intense pain and the psychological effect from osteoarthritis; I have been working as a librarian and academic bookshop assistant most of my life; also been a keen athlete and exerciser for many years. I have lost so much of my life because of this illness. I don't get involved in any relationships and just playing with my grand daughter is sheer hell on earth. I suffer more inside my own head lately than managing this intense pain. Also I have NO medical aid and are financially drained with endless accounts for my illness. I now just live day by day; I have a job where I was warned about being ill; after 14years in a company they just don't care; the sick must make place for the young and the healthy. I hope that I can eep up my spirit by laughing more often and doing good for my fellow human beings; in spite of this nonstop pain im still gratefull for life!

The following user gives a hug of support to brendamuse:
    Whiskers2000 (07-17-2015)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-12-2015, 09:12 PM   #2
    lelap
    (female)

lelap HB User
    Re: pain every day

My heart goes out to you. I also suffer from pain on a daily basis and have found it difficult to maintain any quality of life. I also have a number of other conditions some with pain, some without which compromise my daily life. Your determination and desire to focus on others while putting on a brave face are things that have helped me get through some difficult times. It is important to recognize when we need professional help to cope with the depression that comes with the loss of function due to pain. I have found that a positive mental attitude and support from others who understand seem to help more than anything else.
    Healing thoughts are coming from me to you.

The following user gives a hug of support to lelap:
    Whiskers2000 (07-17-2015)
    Old 09-19-2015, 07:56 AM   #3
    Moldova
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User
    Re: pain every day

Hello dear heart!
    I read your story and it touched my heart a great deal. I am sorry for your pain, sorry people can be so heartless, although this is a reality of our life: nobody needs us when we ill and older. But don't let this bother you, life not always fair...
    I hope you have people around you who love and support you; i learned this is very important, the most healing thoughts for me.
    Even if you don't have med coverage, you still can see a Dr. I know a man who end up in same situation, still worked for not much money. He went to a local hospital, got med help and when bills start coming, he went to a billing department, got help and paid nothing.

This is kind of you to think of others while you are not well. I wish you would be able to get some help too...

My best wishes and warm hugs,
    Moldova

Reply Reply