It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board

• Rheumatoid Arthritis Tired/Lazy

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 01-11-2017, 06:16 PM   #1
    PepperCole
    (female)

PepperCole HB User
    Tired/Lazy

First time here, have been lurking but this is the reason I sought this forum.

A year and a half since RA/PsA diagnosis and a year on Humira and hydroxychloroquine. I am in pain at night (at the moment my elbow is keeping me up) but it seems to make me so tired which I am sure appears to be lazy. I only get my second wind in the afternoon.

I am 47 and choose to stay in school (PhD program) because I can do it from home and not get out of bed for the better part of the day. I love to cook, but after one hour on my feet making lunch or dinner puts me back in bed or on the couch. I even enjoy grocery shopping because I like to cook, but that wears me out. I try to hide it because I know I look lazy. I need a job, and am qualified, but don't know what to do where I don't have to stand up for lengthy periods of time and use my qualifications at the same time.

I excelled when I could grab a work at home position in my field, but they are contracts and do not last long. I have explained to my Rheumy the tiredness but perhaps not to this extent. I am now having problems with Obamacare, so I am on hold seeing her for at least a month or two.

Seeking any advise.

Best regards!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2017, 11:07 AM   #2
    spur
    (male)

spur HB User
    Re: Tired/Lazy

I had/ have the same problems. I take Predisone to supplement my Biologic and the Plaxquentil, and it helps with the fatigue problem. Also a nap in the PM can make a different. My Rheum. Dr. says small maintenance doses of Presidone have been found to
    help in this area. Also be alert that the fatigue may also be related to depression associated with RA.

Reply Reply

Tags
    tiredness