It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board

anyone have swollen fingers and pain go into different digits evey day?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-30-2017, 04:43 AM   #1
lintek56
(female)

lintek56 HB User
anyone have swollen fingers and pain go into different digits evey day?

I am trying to figure out what is causing my sudden arthritis to kick in and why it's happening to different fingers on both sides of the hands for two weeks now.. it's ridiculous! I dont' want to go to a rheumy dr like my primary wants me to.
I wake up in such pain in the fingers where I cant even bend them their so swollen and it's stricking the middle joints, at the knuckles. It can start with redness and they sometimes get reddish small marks on the inflamed fingers.

It all started with the base of both thumbs years ago where it looks like a marble size bumps now.. hard to get change out of a wallet or pick up things. or button things or put on jewelry. oh and washing dishes is anotehr hard task.
now it's spreading to other fingers. I can't even put a ring on my fingers like I used to when I'd go out.
and the pain in the large toe where a bunion is located is another one that started years ago and now I can't wear high heels of any sort or to even walk for a distance.
my poor mom was bent over in an L shape and her toes were all gnarled that she had the hardest time wearing shoes.
One of my oldest brothers has a very rare bone disease most of his life and he's almost 70. It's called "Gorham's disease".. his poor wife told me she misses being able to hug him hard.
they can't cure him and he's going to donate his skeletal system to science when he dies.
someone told me to write down a list of problems I have when they happen and this way I'll have the history of my probllems... but this goes back in time and I don't have the exact time frames.
I wasn't going to go to a rheumy Dr. but as of yesterday the way I was feeling I had wished I had called to get in.. it takes MONTHS to get in where I live. I don't know why, but that's they way it is here.
I've had positive ANA's for years now but nothing showing for rheumatoid. My pcp dr. says it might be lupus. a strange thing happened to my knee while washing floor.. it popped out and I tore the meniscus.. had the surgery and now it hurts more than ever on certain days. why bother getting the surgery??? I just had to get this all out because I feel so frustrated and want to know what others on the healthboards were diagnosd with and if they had the same symptoms of mine and what type of arthritis did you have.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2017, 12:37 PM   #2
VicLF
(female)

VicLF HB User
Re: anyone have swollen fingers and pain go into different digits evey day?

You should definitely see a rheumy, even if it takes months to get it. I waited for about 8 weeks to get in, but maybe you could ask your primary care doc about some relief in the meantime. Sorry that you are going through this, but it truly does sound like an autoimmune condition, especially with a positive ANA.

Old 03-27-2017, 01:24 PM   #3
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Have you tried any anti inflammatories? I'm on Diclofenac and it is great.

Old 04-29-2017, 08:37 PM   #4
Canadiano123
(male)

Canadiano123 HB User

get the appointment with the rheum doctor.

Regular osteoarthritis and inflammatory arthritis (like rheumatoid or lupus) are different. You can have rheumatoid arthritis that doesn't show up in the bloodwork. You should make sure your GP has done x-rays of the hands and feet too.

I agree anti-inflammatories, turmeric and changing your lifestyle can help it feel better, but if it really is related to inflammation, they won't stop it. And if left untreated, it can cripple your hands.

Wish you the best on your journey!

Old 06-04-2017, 10:50 PM   #5
rosier
Veteran
(female)

rosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB Userrosier HB User

You have a mild form of arthritis in your hands from repeatition. It happens to a lot of people. If you are having a problem with pain in doing normal routines, you need to go to a RA doctor to get an accurate diagnosis. Please go to the doctor and ask question. It is imperative you be proactive in your health issues. Hugs for today.

Rosier
Never give up.

Reply Reply