It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board

• Unexplained joint pain

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-05-2018, 09:56 AM   #1
    babygirl127
    (female)

babygirl127 HB Userbabygirl127 HB User
    Unexplained joint pain

I had my yearly physical and I mentioned about joint pain throughout my body. From fingers to my toes. Some days I am good, other days it bothers me. I guess flareups. I had bloodwork, negative for rheumatoid, lymes, lupus, sjorgrens, thyroid good.So basically if still a problem to see a rheumatoid doctor. I know someone who is also going through this, she has seen several doctors and Sent her for a bunch of tests and really no answers other than it maybe fibro. I have finger joint pain and xrays showed degenerative arthritis in both hands.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2018, 01:51 PM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Unexplained joint pain

There are several kinds of arthritis. RA - rheumatoid arthritis - is dxed via blood test. So if that is normal and x rays show degeneration, the next option is osteoarthritis which is caused by over use. Have you tried any anti inflammatories? Seen an orthopedist? What repetitive actions do you do that might have caused this?

Old 07-06-2018, 10:12 AM   #3
    babygirl127
    (female)

Yes aleve or Motrin work. But they are not safe to take every day for your stomach. I have not seen an orthopedist. Wonder why my GP telling me to see a rheumatologist? Repetitive I am not sure, just every day things. I am a crafter and make things so that explains the issues with my fingers and hands. I do also have tendonitis in both wrists. Now pain in my ankles, knees, hips, shoulders not sure what would cause issues there.???

Old 07-06-2018, 03:55 PM   #4
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Hmmm...not sure why you think they aren't safe for daily use...sure - not overdo them, but one Aleve per day isn't going to hurt you-esp if you take it with food.

A rheumatologist is the first place to start to check out RA so your PCP did the correct thing. Obviously the repetitive motions of crafting,etc have caused part of the problem.

You don't give your age nor your activity level so I can't address the rest. I just know that at 72, mowing my own grass, painting my house, 35 years of jogging and working out in the gym, a job that entails being on a computer the majority of the day -osteoarthritis for me isn't unusual. In the last 20 years I've taken Vioxx, Celebrex, Aleve, meloxicam and now diclofenac. They all worked well until I became allergic to them(happens with me and drugs often) and absolutely no stomach or liver issues. And yes I have a glass of wine at night.

Old 07-09-2018, 12:19 PM   #5
    babygirl127
    (female)

I was told by a doctor it is fine to take pain relievers every day for 2 weeks max. After that you are going to make your stomach bleed or give yourself issues. I have a relative that did that she had bleeding and that was the cause. I guess if my pain gets really bad I will see a rheumatologist first and go from there. I am 53, my issues didn't start till I was around 50. Up until then I was fine. I guess people are right once you hit 50 its all downhill. LOL

Old 07-09-2018, 02:55 PM   #6
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Yeah, getting old is not for sissies....another thing-you know what they call the guy who graduates last from medical school? Doctor....hope you vet all yours before you go....

Old 07-16-2018, 07:06 PM   #7
    Classy mom
    (female)

Classy mom HB User

If you havenít had a CCP Antibodies blood test ask for it thatís how my RA was discovered. I was negative for RH factor test which is a common test for RA. Your symptoms sound just like mine. I was diagnosed 2 years ago a age 54. Good luck

Old 07-17-2018, 10:12 AM   #8
    babygirl127
    (female)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Classy mom View Post
    If you havenít had a CCP Antibodies blood test ask for it thatís how my RA was discovered. I was negative for RH factor test which is a common test for RA. Your symptoms sound just like mine. I was diagnosed 2 years ago a age 54. Good luck

Thanks for that info. Not sure. they did a ANA Comprehensive panel RNP antibodies, Smith antibodies, Sjogrens antibodies, Anti- Centromere antibodies., etc. Not sure what any of that is, but all were negative.

Old 03-22-2019, 12:47 AM   #9
    ana68944

ana68944 HB User

Same here, finger joints pain, every day.. But I have chronic Hashimoto Thyroiditis and now it's lead to this autoimmune arthritis. Check your thyroid carefully.

Closed Thread