It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board

• Can you recommend any herbal/alternative remedies?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-24-2018, 03:12 PM   #1
    matt1459

matt1459 HB User
    Can you recommend any herbal/alternative remedies?

Hello everyone,

I am dealing with severe arthritis in my knees and cannot take traditional meds due to intestinal bleeding.

I have tried turmeric with limited success...are there any other remedies you might recommend?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2018, 06:03 AM   #2
    tess201
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB User
    Re: Can you recommend any herbal/alternative remedies?

A few suggestions:

-Magnesium spray (directly on the area). You can also supplement with magnesium

-Epsom salt bath soaks

-Glucosomine Chrondroitin with MSM is a supplement that works for many

***Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar with the Mother. I take this every day: 1 or 2 tablespoons with 1/4 tsp. baking soda in a glass of water. This makes the body more alkaline. Some folks complain about the vinegar taste. Adding honey should help.

I hope you find some relief soon.

Tess

Old 03-14-2019, 09:24 AM   #3
    Zerk
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Zerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB UserZerk HB User

Topical anti--inflammatory gel. Shouldn't effect your stomach because it is topical.

You need a script. I have a generic of the voltaren gel. It might work on knees cause the bone is near the surface. Does not work well on joints that covered with muscle. I use it on my foot.

Old 03-22-2019, 12:43 AM   #4
    ana68944

ana68944 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tess201 View Post
    A few suggestions:

-Magnesium spray (directly on the area). You can also supplement with magnesium

-Epsom salt bath soaks

-Glucosomine Chrondroitin with MSM is a supplement that works for many

***Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar with the Mother. I take this every day: 1 or 2 tablespoons with 1/4 tsp. baking soda in a glass of water. This makes the body more alkaline. Some folks complain about the vinegar taste. Adding honey should help.

I hope you find some relief soon.

Tess
    Would this work for autoimmune arthritis too? Fingers pain? I can't stand antiinflamatories.

Old 03-22-2019, 04:40 AM   #5
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Have you tried over the counter sprays which "freeze" the area...there are so many OTC sprays which get hot or cold... I have an autoimmune disorder which causes inflammation- I use a spray which is cold...it works to numb the area temporarily, which usually results in relief long enough to get through the next few hours or the night..talk to your doctor OR Pharmacist...they might be able to recommend something in the pharmacy.

The Following User Says Thank You to MSNik For This Useful Post:
    ana68944 (03-25-2019)
    Old 03-24-2019, 11:05 PM   #6
    ana68944

ana68944 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MSNik View Post
    Have you tried over the counter sprays which "freeze" the area...there are so many OTC sprays which get hot or cold... I have an autoimmune disorder which causes inflammation- I use a spray which is cold...it works to numb the area temporarily, which usually results in relief long enough to get through the next few hours or the night..talk to your doctor OR Pharmacist...they might be able to recommend something in the pharmacy.
    Thank you!

Old 03-25-2019, 01:06 PM   #7
    Jacki345
    Veteran
    (female)

Jacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB UserJacki345 HB User

My friend has osteoarthritis and she told me about
    "Night shade veggies" - get them out of your diet
    Read up on it. sad part is much if not all are likely in your diet
    bc you like these foods. My friend is darn near crippled, and
    did this and it helped her tremendously. (She was also taking
    weekly shots that were not as effective until she avoided these
    veggies)

Just sayin'

GL

Old 03-31-2019, 11:55 AM   #8
    zee703
    (female)

zee703 HB User

OK this may sound weird but I'm doing this right now and getting relief. I have arthritis in my neck. Eventually I'll get help from the chiropractor but am getting ready to have surgery on my back. So in the meantime I'm using a home remedy: Golden raisins soaked in Gordon's Dry London Gin.

You pour the box of golden raisins into a semi shallow bowl. Pour the gin until it covers the raisins. Keep it on the counter until the gin evaporates (takes a few days). Once the gin is "gone", each morning you eat 9 raisins. By nighttime it's starting to ache again but I'm in bed so it doesn't bother me. Now, you have to use Gordon's Dry London Gin because it's made with juniper berries (other gins use juniper berry flavor). And, it has to be golden raisins. The first time I tried this, I used a different kind of gin and it didn't work. You don't get drunk as there's hardly anything left after the evaporation. Some people it helps (like me). Others it doesn't. It doesn't hurt to try, though.

Last edited by Administrator; 03-31-2019 at 03:12 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to zee703 For This Useful Post:
    sivasekhar (04-04-2019)
    Closed Thread