It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board

• Trying to figure out whats wrong

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-18-2019, 06:19 PM   #1
    Bstivason

Bstivason HB User
    Trying to figure out whats wrong

Hello. First time post here. Im 30y male with some troubling joint pain, primarily in my finger joints.

Im loosing faith in doctors, they just dont seem to care or are very dismissive.

Ive been having problems for a while, however over the past 18 months they have escalated. Escalated enough to make me retire from being an electrician at a young age.

Ive went to my GP and had some blood work done. Test came back positive, which i was referred to a rheumatologist. Ive had xrays that came up clean and i dont have that much swelling. The rheumatologist said that without swelling and having pain in mornings, that i am unlikely to have RA. I went back and repeated this circus a year later thinking that i had some of the missing symptoms, but again turned down by the doc. This time we tested for sjogrens by doing a lip biopsy. Came back negative. The next step was a MRI that i just dont have the money for right now.

My pain seems to be something the is irritable, if i relax for a few days it goes away but can act up very quickly from use.

My family has a strong history of auto immune disease, but doc seems to ignore that. They told me i am too young for osteoarthritis, because its more rare.

I have mild carpal tunnel syndrome that i feel i can differentiate the pain from by joints and i have had CT symptoms much longer.

Does this match anyone else? Ive already paid about 3500 bucks to have no results and have lost all faith in these larger hospital docs. Any advice would be awesome. I do plan on getting a MRI next year when i have better health coverage and can try and get the CT surgery's.

Every test i have had to schedule takes about 6 weeks to actually get in and then another 2 weeks for results

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2019, 09:19 AM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Trying to figure out whats wrong

What have you tried to alleviate this? Tylenol, Aleve, Motrin???? Did any of it work? Can you see a different rheumy?

Old 05-27-2019, 10:43 PM   #3
    Black Labrador

Black Labrador HB User
    Re: Trying to figure out whats wrong

You likely have an autoimmune disease is my guess.

A doctor might prescribe DMARD like Sulfasalazine, Plaquenil or Methrotrexate. Are on on any of those medications? Another thing I read is that with autoimmune, blood test results change, testing every 6 months or so is a good idea. What did you test positive for? You need to get familiar with the common blood tests for autoimmune conditions.

Last edited by Administrator; 05-28-2019 at 10:46 AM.

Reply Reply