It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board

• Osteoarthritis Age curiosity

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-28-2019, 07:45 PM   #1
    froggie83
    (female)

froggie83 HB User
    Age curiosity

After 4 years of dealing with near constant pain I talked to my dr about finding the cause. After xrays my Dr said it's arthritis and since you are only 36 here is a referral to a neurosurgeon.
    He ordered MRI. Which showed more degenerative changes.
    The degenerative changes they discovered are from my neck to my pubic symphysis. (All of my spine, both hips, but not in my sacroilliac joints) I also have issues in 3 lumbar disks (protrusion, extrusion, annular tear) and a labral hip tear.
    What age did you first get told you had degenerative arthritis? And do your Drs treat you as if you are not in pain? (I feel like my husband and Drs and physical therapist don't believe that I am in pain while on anti-inflammatory meds)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2019, 08:00 PM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Age curiosity

started in my feet....big toe joints from wearing very high heels every day. Had 4 surgeries due to it including fusing one big toe joint. I was about 50 when it all started.

Old 10-09-2019, 07:50 AM   #3
    Railroad Man
    (male)

Railroad Man HB UserRailroad Man HB User
    Re: Age curiosity

Quote:
    Originally Posted by froggie83 View Post
    After 4 years of dealing with near constant pain I talked to my dr about finding the cause. After xrays my Dr said it's arthritis and since you are only 36 here is a referral to a neurosurgeon.
    He ordered MRI. Which showed more degenerative changes.
    The degenerative changes they discovered are from my neck to my pubic symphysis. (All of my spine, both hips, but not in my sacroilliac joints) I also have issues in 3 lumbar disks (protrusion, extrusion, annular tear) and a labral hip tear.
    What age did you first get told you had degenerative arthritis? And do your Drs treat you as if you are not in pain? (I feel like my husband and Drs and physical therapist don't believe that I am in pain while on anti-inflammatory meds)
    My friend, I know where you're coming from, I'm a 30 year retired railroad conductor, with a body that has been torched by physical abuse from work. I've had both knee's total replacement, just had right shoulder replacement in November 2018, had sever blood clots from that surgery, & still have, on blood thinners, was diagnosed with osteoarthritis in both shoulders back in January 2018, now left shoulder is giving sever pain from bone on bone,had several injections, cannot take antiflamitory drugs, only pain pills & Voltaren gel, cannot have any surgeries yet till I get test done on a aortic aneurysm that was found 2 wks after shoulder replacement. I also suffer from alot of arthritis in my back from digenerative disk disease, and 2 laminactomys, I'm 66 and suffer alot from alot of arthritis, so I know where you're coming from.
    It's rough getting old....

Reply Reply