It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board

• Possible gout

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-08-2020, 03:57 PM   #1
    j2s2
    (female)

j2s2 HB User
    Possible gout

I will try and keep this short. I think I am dealing with gout in my feet. Pain started in knee Dec. Of last year. Doctor did xray said OA in knee. The pain began to subside after a few weeks. Right fkot went nuts with swelling and pain and heat mainly from ankle to toes and crazy pain. That lasted several weeks. When it began to heal top of foot began peeling and itched like crazy.
    Not a few weeks later my left foot started doing the same thing and has been doing the same thing.
    Crazy painful and it takes a lot to slow me down. I can't hardly walk on it and shoes of any kind hurt. I am so frustrated. It is taking the same pattern as my right foot did. I am going to my doctor Tuesday. I have done everything I know to do at home. I have had enough. I can't even enjoy shopping because it kills my foot to be on it for long.
    I will probably have labs done too. It's been a while since I have had a complete lab work done. Just so sick of the pain and limping around day in and day out very tiresome.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2020, 04:13 PM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Possible gout

What remedies have you tried? I know people who swear by the canned tart pie cherries (not pie filing)...or the tart cherry juice.

Old 05-08-2020, 06:07 PM   #3
    j2s2
    (female)

j2s2 HB User

I have tried ice which my doesn't like. Heat feels better on it. I have elevated it often every chance I get. It doesn't like any type of compression on my foot no way. Advil doesn't touch my pain. Muscle relaxors doesn't help at all. Doctor gave me mobic to try when I went in for my knee pain. That doesn't help. I have nice foot massger that I can't use right now because that is really painful.
    The only thing that feels decent on my foot is tiger balm. I smell like a peppermint but it does calm the pain so I can sleep.
    No recent injuries. I have fibromyalgia so I try lots of things when it comes to pain before going to the doctor. I don't think I'm going to be able to walk this pain off shoot can barely walk as it is.
    When I was having problems with my right foot my ortho surgeon said was "I can appreciate some good swelling" did an xray and that was it.

Old 05-08-2020, 06:12 PM   #4
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

Try the cherries - if it's gout it will help. And a couple of cans of cherries are cheap.

Old 05-09-2020, 06:02 AM   #5
    j2s2
    (female)

j2s2 HB User

I had a rough day with my feet could barely get around. Kept them elevated as much as possible. Thats not easy to do with 4 dogs and raising chickens. I hate waking up in the morning because the pain and discomfort are already in my feet telling me its going to be a long day.
    I finally make my decision to have bunion surgery in a few months and I just don't feel like my feet are strong enough to go through that. I finally find something I truly enjoy doing which is raising chickens. We have 60 and sell eggs constantly. My biggest fear right now is that I will be the reason we have to sell our flock because of my stupid feet.
    Its all very frustrating so its back to 0the doctor probably more test and will probably have to see a rheumatologist. I try and wait it out the pain but it's been going on for weeks.

Old 05-13-2020, 04:22 PM   #6
    j2s2
    (female)

j2s2 HB User

So far my labs that have come back are my uric acid is 3.8, my esr is 10, and my crp is 3.1. I am still waiting on the rest of my labs to be posted. I hate waiting. Usually means they are reviewing something.

Old 10-04-2020, 03:24 AM   #7
    johnandy
    (male)

johnandy HB User

It is so measurable. I have previous experience on it.

Reply Reply

« Costochondritis | - »