It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board

• Unexplained pain...Costo? Arthritis? Rheumatoid Disorder? Please help.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-17-2003, 08:20 AM   #1
    nan65

nan65 HB User
    Post Unexplained pain...Costo? Arthritis? Rheumatoid Disorder? Please help.

Hi; I would really appreciate some help on this. Iíll try to be as brief as possible, since itís a long story. When I was 15 (I am 37 now), I suddenly came down with a pericardial effusion. I almost died; there was so much fluid in my heart sac, my fever had been high for so long and I waited so long to go to the hospital (on the advice of my doctor at the timeÖsaid he couldnít ďhearĒ anything in my chest). At the same time, I was also diagnosed with a severely hyperactive thyroid. It took months to bring the inflammation down and then bam, I was back in the hospital with a pleural effusion this time. They did every test under the sun; rheumatoid tests, lupus, bone marrow, you name it. I was sick for a very long time (almost two years). I was on prednisone and aspirin for inflammation and had radioactive iodine treatments for my thyroid, plus I was on medication for that as well. My thyroid has been normal for 19 years now. Anyway, they never figured out what caused it and said I was a ďmystery.Ē I didnít give it a second thought until I started developing unexplained pain in my 20ís. One doctor said I had costochondritis and I had physical therapy for that, which didnít help at all. I get neck pain, back pain, chest pain, migraines, etc. all the time. Iím often very fatigued and generally just ďdonít feel goodĒ quite a lot. An x-ray showed that my c-spine (neck) is ďrigidĒ and some degeneration is going on in there. After exercise, such as rowing a boat, shooting a basketball or even lifting something light, it often triggers a month-long bout of pain in my chest, back, shoulders, etc. Right now Iím going through it because I went rowing a few weeks ago; my chest, back and sides are killing me. It even feels like it hurts when my heart beats, if that makes any senseÖdepending on how Iím laying. Sometimes I get severe middle back pain that is accompanied by a strange feeling in my esophagus. My eyelids get puffy and swollen on top and I suffer from very dry eyes and my ophthalmologist was baffled. Her assistant said I had ďstrange, unexplainable rough spots in one eye.Ē She had me on drops for a while, but nothing helped so Iím back to wearing contacts without being cured of that. I know this all sounds weird and itís so frustrating, because these are all seemingly unrelated symptoms. Iíve also gained about 25 pounds in the past few years or so. Iíve had a complete blood work up (last year); everything came back negativeÖinflammation tests, rheumatoid, thyroid, lupus, etc. All my doctors just scratch their headsÖeven the rheumatologist I had when I was 15 couldnít figure it out. I know itís definitely SOMETHING. Iím not imagining these things, even though I feel like people think I am because thereís just no diagnosis. Iím tired of always being in pain, always being tired, never being able to keep up with other people. Iím a young, basically healthy woman who likes to be on the go and I just canít do it anymore. Iím getting so depressed. Is there anyone out there who can help, or at least relate to what Iím going through?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2003, 10:09 PM   #2
    rhody
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

rhody HB Userrhody HB Userrhody HB User
    Smile

I don't expect that you have what I had. But, who knows? It's best to look at everything.

Do you have a mouth full of "silver" fillings? I had trouble with mine and had them all removed. These fillings are actually composed of approximately 50 percent mercury and they leak into our bodies all the time, especially when we chew. In 1978 a doctor told me to not run more than a hundred yards and today I run about 20 miles a week.

It took me years and years to figure it out, after much experimentation. I guess I could write a book about it. If you want to know more, please let me know.

Old 07-17-2003, 10:26 PM   #3
    rhody
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

rhody HB Userrhody HB Userrhody HB User
    Smile

I reread your post again more thoroughly. You have the symptoms of someone exposed to mercury - very similar to mine. You may not even have one filling, but so many things are alike. Maybe you have a toxic reaction to some other poison, if not mercury?

Like for me, I wouldn't get the muscle pains until after I tried to exercise (normally). Usually it was near one joint - and usually only one area at a time. If I overdid it, then I could get multiple pains as you describe.

In the mid 1980's I tried calcium/magnesium pills and that helped some. Actually, I now remember that I first started taking these super high potency vitamin and minerals pills. These helped some. I later isolated it to the calcium. Then I found that mild ginseng teas helped some too. In the late 1980's I developed such severe urinary problems, that I took copious amounts of herbs to help me since doctors made me worse or did nothing for me. I always struggled with these strange unexplained fibromyalgia symptoms, plus loose teeth, and gum disease. Then nearly 10 years ago, my tooth broke, exposing one mercury filling and these pains went "through the roof". I now had the link.

From there, I slowly recovered, after I replaced these gray-black fillings with white fillings. I'm still experimenting, seeking perfection - trying to increase my running times.

Closed Thread