It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board

• Temporal Arthritis

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-25-2005, 10:16 AM   #1
    kagleed
    (female)

kagleed HB User
    Temporal Arthritis

Has anyone ever heard of this? I have a pulsing feeling in my left temple as well as a feeling of being "shocked" in the same area. The dr says it si temporal arthritis and has give me a strong dose of tylenol for it. The pain is subsiding, but I would like to know if anyone else has heard or has this condition.
    Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2005, 04:28 PM   #2
    srchin4answrs
    (female)

srchin4answrs HB User
    Re: Temporal Arthritis

I had the same twinging sensation in my left temple when taking Wellbutrin at the 300mg dosage. I also experienced ringing in both ears. I'd like to know what causes it too because if it isn't serious I'd like to go back on the wellbutrin since it helped tremendously with mild depression and not so mild adhd. Zoloft and Concerta now - depression issues subsided but the adhd is definitely not under control and may be even worse.

Last edited by srchin4answrs; 10-09-2005 at 09:59 AM.

Old 11-29-2005, 07:23 AM   #3
    scsheltie52

scsheltie52 HB User
    Angry Re: Temporal Arthritis

What you have is not Temporal Arthritis-it is Temporal Arteritis. It is an inflamation of the Temporal Artery in the head. It is treated with an extensive course of prednisone. My friend has been on this since January, 2005 and is down now to 5mg. every other day and 10mg. the opposite day. She has to be on each dose for three weeks before she can drop 5mg. more. Consequently she will have about nine more weeks before she will be totally off the prednisone. The side effects have been miserable but you have to tolerate them and sometimes your doctor can treat some of them. If you don't have this treated it can cause blindness or a stroke because the main artery going into your brain on one side or the other is being constricted. You need to make sure you get treated but you also need to know you will be taking a year or so off from everything. My friend trained and ran our dogs in agility and they have had a very long vacation.

Old 12-04-2005, 09:24 PM   #4
    kagleed
    (female)

kagleed HB User

Sorry it has taken so long in returning your reply. I have been on for the Thanksgiving Holidays. Thanks for the info--I really appreciate your input. It helps a lot.

Old 12-05-2005, 06:22 AM   #5
    angeleyes16

angeleyes16 HB User

I was diagnosed with osteoarthritis. The left side of my jaw is swollen. I have stiffness in my neck. My massage therapist had said that there was a cord going from my brain to down my neck and down my spine and that it was strechted in ways it shouldnt. Does this sound like temporal arthritis? I've never heard if it untill your thread but it sounds similar to what I have?

Closed Thread