It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board

• Limbrel for Osteoarthritis?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-21-2006, 06:04 PM   #1
    Baybreeze
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Baybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB User
    Limbrel for Osteoarthritis?

Hi,

Has anyone else here heard of or tried Limbrel for osteoarthritis?

My rheumatologist just gave me a box full of samples to try because I have severe OA in my spine.

It is a new product, which requires a doctor's prescription, but is not really a "drug". It is regulated by the FDA as a "medical food". Supposedly it has hardly any minor side effects and is made from very highly concentrated flavonoids from fruits/vegetables, etc...and is supposed to regulate the balance of some body processes that cause inflammation and cause arthritic degeneration from osteoarthritis.

I had never in my life heard of anything like this (and never knew medical foods exist but apparently they do for all sorts of things). But (especially since it's extremely safe) I am willing to try it and see if does anything. So far i've taken 3 pills in one and 1/2 days but of course dont' notice anything yet.

So I am wondering if anyone else has ever tried this and what did you think about it?

The Following User Says Thank You to Baybreeze For This Useful Post:
    hilson (02-09-2012)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2006, 12:18 AM   #2
    taape
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

taape HB Usertaape HB User
    Re: Limbrel for Osteoarthritis?

I just heard about this stuff the other day and was going to ask the same questions. I don't have a prescription or samples. Did you try it and does it help your pain?

Old 07-27-2006, 06:26 PM   #3
    Baybreeze
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Baybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB User

Hi,

Wow, I didn't think i'd get any replies at all. I am currently taking it but I'm not sure if it's supposed to actually help pain or if it just helps slow the process of the degeneration. I started taking it on the 20th, last week, twice per day. I don't think it's doing anything yet, and not even sure it will at all. But it looks like the studies that were done, the people were taking it at least 90 days to see any benefits. I also take Plaquenil for Lupus and that took about 8-9 months to really feel any benefit from it. The lupus is a seperate problem which causes me inflammation and differnt type pain and fatigue. I still have some fatigue from my last flare so that makes it harder to tell if this Limbrel is doing anything for my osteoarthritis. But since it is so safe, I have no qualms taking it..I guess ya never know what might possibly help. I have taken Bextra (and Celebrex) in the past and can say Limbrel is nothing like those drugs. Maybe I will call my doc to see if I should get a script for it to take it longer term & see if any improvements occur.....

Old 07-27-2006, 07:16 PM   #4
    taape
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

taape HB Usertaape HB User

I hope you do get a benefit from it even if it takes a while. The brochure I read made it sound like it attacked the cause of the inflammation not just the pain after the fact. So manybe it prevents alot of the inflammatio forming in the first place.

Closed Thread