It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board

• anyone taking lodine? does it help?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-21-2006, 08:27 AM   #1
    ajtesto3
    (female)

ajtesto3 HB User
    anyone taking lodine? does it help?

hi- im kinda new to this RA, i also have fibromyalgia. i went to a new rheumy the other day and she gave me cortizone shots in my knees and i think they made them worse. i can barely walk, my knees hurt soooo bad. she also gave me a script for lodine? anyone taking that and does it help? i need to know. ive taken alot of meds and nothing has seemed to work for me, but i did take prednisone and it worked wonders, but i cant keep taking that, its not good for ya. anyone with some answers or help, please let me know!!! thanks amy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2006, 05:36 PM   #2
    roses4evver
    (female)

roses4evver HB User
    Re: anyone taking lodine? does it help?

Hi Amy,

Sorry no one answered your post, maybe some will later.
    Yes, I have had cortisone injections in my knees numerous times....argggg. The shots also hurt for several days afterwards too. About 10 yrs ago the shots used to work for many months, but now they do no good. I have grade 3 degenerative arthritis throughout both knees.

I have also taken Lodine for about 3 yrs now & it works for me. At least better than the others that I have taken. Unfortunately what really worked the best for me was the 2 different anti-inflammatories that they took off the market.(can't remember the names). Give the new medication a try, a good couple months at least.
    Wishing you the best!

*~* "Cherish every moment you share with your love, drink life every second you can, love like there will be no tomorrow!" *~*

Old 10-27-2006, 08:20 AM   #3
    ncditchdr
    (female)

ncditchdr HB User
    Re: anyone taking lodine? does it help?

Hi Amy,

I'll be watching this post too. Just started on Lodine from Mobic. I'll be curious if this will work. I too get nothing from injections and am scheduled for another knee surgery in January. Would like to be comfortable between now and then without eating too many pain meds. Will let you know in a couple weeks (most of the literature says it can be 3 weeks before you see any relief). Keep me posted (no pun intended) and I'll do the same. Good luck - Deborah

Closed Thread