It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board

• Lidocaine Patch/Cream

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-01-2006, 12:59 PM   #1
    Sara5678
    (female)

Sara5678 HB User
    Question Lidocaine Patch/Cream

Has anyone tried using a Lidocaine patch or the cream for arthritis? My sister has rheumatoid arthritis and uses the patches and says they help a lot. There is a cream also that can be applied to the painful area and must be covered and I am wondering what experiences others with arthritis have had when using this.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2006, 06:24 PM   #2
    Baybreeze
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Baybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB User
    Re: Lidocaine Patch/Cream

Hi,

I have used the lidoderm patch for low back pain. It seemed to help me for about a month or so, but I didnt know at the time that I had stenosis that was worsening pretty quickly. The pain from the stenosis got so bad that nothing worked anymore. But I'm sure it can be helpful in other situations.

Old 12-01-2006, 06:24 PM   #3
    Baybreeze
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Baybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB User

Hi,

I have used the lidoderm patch for low back pain. It seemed to help me for about a month or so, but I didnt know at the time that I had stenosis that was worsening pretty quickly. The pain from the stenosis got so bad that nothing worked anymore. But I'm sure it can be helpful in other situations.

Old 12-01-2006, 10:15 PM   #4
    roses4evver
    (female)

roses4evver HB User

Hi Sara,

I have Osteo & Rheumatoid. The Osteo is so bad in both knees that I need TKR's & don't know to what extent the Rheumatoid is there. I have been using the Lidoderm pain patches since May this year on both my knees. When you hurt so bad that you feel like you are going crazy anything at all is welcomed to decrease the pain (that is with taking many medications). It helps with the pain outwardly in my knees but not the deep pain. It helps me enough that I wear them EVERY day for 14-16 hrs (approved by my Rheumie).

Take Care

*~* "Cherish every moment you share with your love, drink life every second you can, love like there will be no tomorrow!" *~*

Old 12-01-2006, 11:56 PM   #5
    WannaBeFreeToRoam
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

WannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB User

Hi Roses,

I have Rheumatoid Arthritis. Do you know if the lidocaine or lidoderm patches can be worn for that kind of pain? But, that would only help the pain, not the deformities that can happen - like in your fingers. Any other help with what meds have helped anyone with RA?

I fear that my liver and other parts might have been hurt by so many drugs that can hurt livers and the other parts that can suck in the bad parts of RA meds?!

My sister in law uses the patches quite a lot. But, she does not have RA, but something worse, that will eventually make her be in a wheelchair and possibly oxygen.

Take care and I hope you get the right meds and no side effects.

Wannabe

Old 12-15-2006, 07:04 AM   #6
    janeyrg
    (female)

janeyrg HB User

Hi all,

Just a note about Lidoderm patches. My Pain doc allowed me to use 3 at a time for upper back pain. All was OK for a long while with occasional use. Not great relief but every lil bit helps.
    Before my shoulder replacement my Rheumy gave me a script for more and said use one at a time. It didn't help so I used three again. OOPS, bad raction to lidocaine.
    If you have lots of drug allergies or "adverse reactions" use lidoderm with care. AND, then you go to the Dentist and have to tell him you have reactions to caine drugs. No shots for me.

Good luck, Janey

Old 12-19-2006, 12:02 AM   #7
    adamace1
    Veteran
    (male)

adamace1 HB User

They work pretty good for me. But i am they were given to me for my knee's nd they don't stay on if i'm moving around and the $630 cost a month Sucks too.

Closed Thread