It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board

• Any thoughts on Humira???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-29-2007, 02:52 PM   #1
    ang123
    (female)

ang123 HB User
    Any thoughts on Humira???

I was diagnosed with RA about 2 years ago. I was started on Methotrexate and Humira. I feel pretty good most of the time, but it seems like lately I have been having flares more often. Just wanted to know if anyone else is using Humira and still getting fairly severe flares??? ang

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2007, 01:33 AM   #2
    singel352000
    (male)

singel352000 HB User
    Re: Any thoughts on Humira???

Hi sorry to hear you are not to good. I have AS & D.I.S.H and am waiting for my blood levels to go up so I can get on a program with Embril a frend told me about Humira and I did a some research on the product. And I did not like all the side effects that MAY go with it so keep an eye on it and check for your self. Sorry I can not be of any help.

Old 04-30-2007, 11:39 PM   #3
    Lady Olivia
    (female)

Lady Olivia HB User

Hi,

I am on humira and have no complaints i also take prednisone only 5mg and now that I am on Glaucosimine as well I am like brand new and can soon stop the prednisone. I found that I had more flare ups when on methx than when I was on nothing. I didn't like methx and its side affects are far worse than the humira's. You have to try everything to find the right combination for you. Unfortunately the body gets used to things so you have to change sometimes.

Good luck
    Kind regards
    Olivia

Old 05-08-2007, 07:21 AM   #4
    lauriejoanna
    (female)

lauriejoanna HB User

Hi
    i started on humira a few weeks ago, it hasn't had any effect so far but i understand that this can take sometime depending on the person. I've heard lots of good things about it. Hope it works for you.

Old 05-14-2007, 12:03 PM   #5
    Irishgal
    (female)

Irishgal HB User

i started it a year ago. when i started i was told that it could take up to 3 months to feel the benefit of it. 12 hours later i felt great. no side effects
    tho i had a bowel resection there in december and since that my arthritis has been v bad, nothing seems to help it now

Old 05-15-2007, 07:50 AM   #6
    rennah77
    (female)

rennah77 HB User

I have been on Humira since June of 2006. It has made a major difference in my life. I could barely walk, couldn't grasp anything, was always tired, no energy. Now.....life is great!!!! It enabled me to get off all of my other meds (prednisone, methotrexate). I don't even take pain meds these days. I just hope it keeps on working and that I don't encounter any of the bad side effects. So far so good.

I don't remember how long it took to take effect, but I know it wasn't long. Hang in there and give it some time and I hope it does as well for you.

Old 05-15-2007, 11:30 AM   #7
    gymrat47
    (female)

gymrat47 HB User

I've been on Humira for 5 years, with pretty good results. I still had bad flares, and occasionally had to use a wheel chair, up until about a year ago. Then I started working out regularly (in spite of the pain at first). Now I've reduced or stopped all my other meds, except for the Humira. I haven't had a flare in over a year, and I've started entering 5K's. My rheumatologist told me for years that exercise would help, but I never listened (who can exercise when you can barely move)! I'm so glad I finally did it, though! My life has improved greatly. Good luck to you!

Old 05-18-2007, 09:39 AM   #8
    lizzy_22
    (female)

lizzy_22 HB User
    Smile Re: Any thoughts on Humira???

Hi im 22 and have had RA for 2years now. I am currently on a high dose of methotrexate after trying numerous disease modifying drugs!I have recently changed consultants and wondered how i go about asking to be put on anti tnf treatment? Is humira included as one of the anti tnf drugs? I would be grateful for any help.

Closed Thread