It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board

• Severe Alergic reaction to Embreal

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-30-2007, 11:44 AM   #1
    zoey1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

zoey1 HB User
    Severe Alergic reaction to Embreal

First shot ok ( reaction site) rather large but figured it was normal after reading the inserts. Second shot , had the large site reaction and after a day or two started with more then normal muscle spams then by day three hives red heat stemming from rash areas. Went in today to rheumy for relief and since embreal was the only new thing added to my regine she ruled it as severe allergic reaction to embreal. She thanked me for coming in and letting her see the outbreak and let her treat it before i did anything else. Embreal at this point is stopped......
    Did any of you had severe reactions to it ????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2007, 12:35 AM   #2
    Lady Olivia
    (female)

Lady Olivia HB User
    Re: Severe Alergic reaction to Embreal

Hi,

Yes I had an allergic reaction to enbrel as well. It didnt come up till the fifth injection and now i am on humira and it is wonderful. I find that freezing the area with a cold pack before the shot and warming the injection in my hands makes the whole thing pain free. If it isn't cold enough on my tummy i feel a little discomfort but not much.

Hope this helps.
    Kind regards
    Olivia

Closed Thread