It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board

NSAIDS (Voltarin)

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-02-2007, 10:59 AM   #1
brabbers
(female)

brabbers HB User
NSAIDS (Voltarin)

I have diverticulitis and I have been told by one doctor that I shouldn't be taking Voltarin. My regular GP didn't mention anything and continues to refill my prescription. I am taking metamucil and that has helped my diarrhoea but I am still having pain in my left side and don't sleep at all well unless I take Maalox before I go to bed. I have arthritis in my hip, back and ankles and the voltarin really has helped me but I have stopped taking it. The doctor has given me Parief to take instead which doesn't help my arthritis at all.

What is your opinion?

Thank you very much

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2007, 01:02 PM   #2
wild_thang
(female)

wild_thang HB User
Re: NSAIDS (Voltarin)

hey,
i take voltarin and i have arthritis, which at the moment i find i need to take to relieve the pain. i take 2 of them each day, morning and night and i need to to be able to get around through the day and up in the morning, i have arthritis all over.
Voltarin is bad for you though and it is best not to take them, i have been told by my doctor that they must be taken with a large meal (not snack) as if you dont it can eat through your stomach and give you stomach olcers.
hope this helps.

Old 10-03-2007, 04:22 PM   #3
brabbers
(female)

brabbers HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild_thang View Post
hey,
i take voltarin and i have arthritis, which at the moment i find i need to take to relieve the pain. i take 2 of them each day, morning and night and i need to to be able to get around through the day and up in the morning, i have arthritis all over.
Voltarin is bad for you though and it is best not to take them, i have been told by my doctor that they must be taken with a large meal (not snack) as if you dont it can eat through your stomach and give you stomach olcers.
hope this helps.
Thanks wildthang. I do take the Voltarin with my large breakfast and have never had a problem with it. but now that I have diverticulitis my doctor says not to take it. So I am trying to figure out what to take instead. this new product that the other doctor gave me just isn't helping. Thanks for the reply.

brabbers

Old 10-04-2007, 03:19 AM   #4
bushranger
Inactive
(male)

bushranger HB User

I have been prescribed Mobic 15mg for my back pain. But this is as I have read for arthritis, both forms. Of which I have got in my knees, hands, shoulders and feet.
I have had 3 operations on my back and the pain is really bad. But with these all I can take is one a day. and only every now and then take two a day but with food.
Now these have helped me with pain levels so this is good. But the pain is still just under the skin waiting to hit hard.
The thing that I have noticed is that in the mornings is my hands are swollen and sore to move. And this is what these are supposed to be fighting against.

Closed Thread