It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board

Is this arthritis?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-24-2007, 09:55 PM   #1
kodie
(female)

kodie HB User
Is this arthritis?

my joints have always been a problem for me, my knees get sore with overuse as well as my hip joints which are my biggest concern right now. After ive done a lot of walking my hip joints get sore and stiff and if I have been in the same position for an period of time it really hurts to finally make that first move into a knew position, they get so stiff and sore.
a few people have mentioned arthritis to me and then today I heard osteoperosis and it scared me. Does this sound like arthritis? Im only 32 so Im not sure if thats too early to develop it?

thanks

Last edited by kodie; 10-24-2007 at 10:00 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2007, 05:24 AM   #2
Venusrose
(female)

Venusrose HB User
Re: Is this arthritis?

maybe im wrong but i dont think u can ever be to young to develop arthritis especially there are more then 1 type, im 36 & have had RA 2 yrs now, although my 1st doctor ignored my complaints of symptoms for a yr, finally went to a new dr

Id definately make an appointment with ur doc & tell him what ur feeling, if it is arthritis earlier u catch it & get treatments the better the chance you can slow the damage or even prevent some damage

take care & good luck

Old 10-26-2007, 12:36 PM   #3
kodie
(female)

kodie HB User

Thanks for your response...
Im sorry my post was really unclear now that Ive reread it. I meant to say I think im too young for osteoporosis.

I guess I should go to see my doctor. I was wondering if that stiffness with pain is a common symptom of arthritis?

Thanks!

Old 11-01-2007, 09:57 PM   #4
ollyReversR
(male)

ollyReversR HB User

i dont think your too young to get osteoporosis if you eat or drink lots of dairy
dont believe me ? do some research on osteoporosis and dairy intake

Old 11-27-2007, 01:48 PM   #5
Rita27
(female)

Rita27 HB User

Hi kodie

I am 51 which is much olde than you but I do exercise 5 days a week and I'm very active. I get the same pain after about 3 days of exercise, or too much walking, in my knees, hips and glutes. If I rest for a few days, I'm fine, then as soon as I start anything, here it is again.

It is frustrating, and I had MRI on my knees, no arthritis. So it could possibly be overuse. But i"m not a doctor. so...

Old 11-27-2007, 04:32 PM   #6
Vergie
(female)

Vergie HB User
Smile Re: Is this arthritis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodie View Post
Thanks for your response...
Im sorry my post was really unclear now that Ive reread it. I meant to say I think im too young for osteoporosis.

I guess I should go to see my doctor. I was wondering if that stiffness with pain is a common symptom of arthritis?

Thanks!
Hi Kodie,

You're never too young to develope some form of arthritis, whether its osteo, Ra, etc. I was diagnosed at age 34, but I do believe I've had it for years before diagnoses. RA[rheuumatoid arthritis] does run in both parents, so I was a definite candidate getting it!...I'd get some blood work done, see a rheumatologist ASAP so treatment can get going....Having it for about 24 yrs. or so I have the typical deformities, lack of cartlege etc. that goes with it. I do urge you to seek treatment so that whatever will happen can be haulted, thru meds....Vergie

Closed Thread