It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board

Painful Index finger.

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-11-2007, 04:18 PM   #1
Worrybucket
Senior Veteran
(female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User
Painful Index finger.

I have had pain in my left index finger for ages now. It feels swollen when i flex and bend it. When i squeeze the knuckle it really hurts. It doesnt burn or tingle, just this achy type pain, it looks a tiny bit bigger than the other one, but not overly.... HELP? it hurts

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-14-2007, 04:09 PM   #2
offlady
(female)

offlady HB User
Re: Painful Index finger.

I have the same symptoms in my left pinky finger, been bothering me for a couple months now. I finally went to the orthopedic doctor and had x-rays taken. The x-rays confirmed his original diagnosis of oseoarthritis. Reason? Just plain old age coming on. What can I do to cure or stop it from further spreading? Nothing. The xrays also showed it beginning to happen in my other pinky, and also in my ring fingers. The cushioning between the bones are slowly deteriorating so the bones are making contact with each other. Being a medical doctor, he didn't even bring up glucosamine but I will give it a try. My husband scheduled himself for knee surgery a few years ago but took liquid glucosamine (with shark fin) and chondroitin, and after 6 weeks he felt so good, he cancelled his surgery.

Old 11-24-2007, 04:48 PM   #3
terrible
(female)

terrible HB User
Re: Painful Index finger.

Hi,

I have the same problem & now have it in all my fingers first I saw the dr. my fingers were painful but not swollen he couldnt see anything wrong then one day went back when my fingers were inflammed & he said I have osteoarthritis now I take Glaucosamine tablets when have helped the pain & inflammation at times when sereve i take panamax. Putting a heat/wheat pack on your fingers helps ease the pain too that's what I also do.
I still have problems flexing my fingers. My fingers get itchy I have small nodules on my knuckles size of pea. If I squeeze my knuckles they hurt like crazy so I dont do it now.

You have your good days & bad days.
I saw a rheumatologist years ago had blood tests done which came up seronegative.
Osteoarthritis runs in the family my father is riddled with it.

It's very frustrating makes me tired when I have bad days.
But am slowly learning to live with it.

Take care
All the best hang in there
Sharon

Closed Thread