It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board

arthritis in the neck

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-14-2008, 07:40 PM   #1
lucybooz
(female)

lucybooz HB User
arthritis in the neck

is anyone being treated for NECK arthritis. my doctor is pretty certain that's what's wrong with my neck (am having an mri next monday to be certain), and i was wondering what kind of treatment (meds, etc.) folks get for this type of arthritis. anyone with neck problems - do you ever have a "snapping" feeling in the head/neck area?

thanks, lucy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2008, 09:45 PM   #2
maebelle
(female)

maebelle HB User
Re: arthritis in the neck

I have arthritis of my neck.I have experienced clicking,grinding and popping.Stiffness,tightness and pain.My arthritis involves my entire spine,knees etc..
Anklosing spondylitis was discovered after yrs of suffering.I have several herniated disks and narrowing of my spinal canal.I know how painful it can be.

Usually after pulled muscles etc...are ruled out as the primary cause, a Mri is ordered.Your DR is on the right track.
Arthritis can be treated in a variety of ways.Anti-inflammatory meds,muscle relaxers,pain meds,PT...sometimes surgery...predisone,nerve blocks, injections.....etc...
Alot depends on the type of arthritis.
I remember as a child my grandparents and many of their friends having arthritis.I always thought it was contributed to age.I am now 47 and have suffered from this for 10 yrs.Now I know age is not a factor.Let us know when you find out the results.MB

Old 01-15-2008, 12:18 AM   #3
MAXNJ
(male)

MAXNJ HB User
Re: arthritis in the neck

yes this sounds like what I have. the dr said the xray shows some joint space narrowing in my neck. he said the chages arent that bad, and some people with the same amount of x ray evidence dont feel any symptoms. but I do, some of that gross clicking and grinding, and a little soreness every day.my lower back cracks a lot more, but doesnt really hurt. none of it is really painful, but I keep wondering what Im in for down the line. this is in addition to the loose cartilage in my knees, and what is probably tendonits in my wrists. Oct 1 st was the beginning of all of this, and Im 43. Im taking naxopren which I cant tell if it does anything.
Im definatley excercising more, and taking breaks from activities when I think should. For now the worst of the problems is my worry about the future!

Closed Thread