It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board

nadine....knee replacements

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-17-2008, 05:04 AM   #1
bevann26
Senior Veteran
(female)

bevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB User
nadine....knee replacements

i thought i'd start a new tthread for this. their might be others who want to post here also.
i had 1 knee done up in mass, and the other done here in fla. they gave me anesthesia, plus a spinal. when you get back to your rm, your leg is put into a big type of knee brace to keep it pumping so you don't get blood clots. i had a morpine pump for pain. in mass, i spent 4 days in the hosp. and 4 days in a rehab for PT. at home, the vna PT came in for me.
in fla, i also spent 4 days in the hosp.,but the rehab i was sent to was a nusing home/rehab, that was awful, so i got out of there in 10 hrs. i had all my PT at home, also the vna, and a home-health aide coming in to help me all the time.
the PT to me was the worst part, pain-wise, learning to bend your knee...do stairs, a walk again. i started with a walker, then went to a cane til i was healed.
when are you getting your's done, and are you having both done at once(i have heard of people doing that, but can't imagine the rehab...w/out a leg to stand on..lol!)
i think all my vna people came in for 6 wks....then i was good to go!
hope this helped you some....anything else, let me know...bevann

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-11-2008, 09:28 PM   #2
music47
Senior Veteran
(female)

music47 HB User
Smile Re: nadine....knee replacements

Bevann

Thank you for your post. Im sorry I didn't answer till now but I just found this new thread. Im glad you didn't have any difficulties with your knee replacements. My knees hurt so bad and I know I need them replaced in the future.

You mentioned you had arthritis. What do you take for the pain? I take Cellebrex twice a day and Percocet.

Take care and thanks again for answering my question about knee replacements.

Nadine

Last edited by music47; 02-11-2008 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Spelling error

Old 02-21-2008, 06:12 AM   #3
bevann26
Senior Veteran
(female)

bevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB User
Re: nadine....knee replacements

nadine...i also have fibromyalgia real bad..my rheumatologist has me on lyrica, muscle relaxer, ant-inflammatory, percocett as needed for pain, and valium for my spine as needed.
i had my knee replacements done before i heard about the new womens knee. i guess it is suppose to be less invasive and shorter healing time also.

i'm hoping you have some less pain days.......bevann

Old 02-21-2008, 09:05 PM   #4
music47
Senior Veteran
(female)

music47 HB User
Re: nadine....knee replacements

Bevann

I have fibro too. I take 100mg of Elavil every night at bedtime and it helps the fibro pain so I can sleep well. I'm sorry you are in so much pain. My prayers are with you.Hope you'll stay in touch.

Nadine

Closed Thread