It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board

• arthritis meds

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-15-2008, 01:44 PM   #1
    milm1025
    (female)

milm1025 HB User
    arthritis meds

I am wondering what meds people are using for arthritis? I am currently taking Ultram but wondered if there is anything better or helpful for pain that is reasonable in price...I pay cash for my prescriptions with no medical coverage.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2008, 04:33 PM   #2
    Baybreeze
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Baybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB User
    Re: arthritis meds

The only meds I've ever found that helped my arthritis pains were Bextra and prednisone. Of course Bextra was taken off the market and I cant take prednisone all the time for this. I did try a sample box of Limbrel, but it didnt seem to do anything, though I don't think i was on it long enough to give it a chance as I ran out of samples. I don't even bother taking ibuprofen or aleve anymore for this because it just doesnt do anything. I've also tried Celebrex, but it didnt do much and I never got any real long term scripts for it. I've been taking Plaquenil long term, but mine is taken for lupus and is used, I think for milder RA and diseases like that. I am currently taking Soma and Lyrica but that is not for arthritis, it's for nerve pain and spasms. So I don't take anything now for my arthritis pains. But one doesnt work for one person may work for another, so other meds are worth a try. Always ask your doctor for samples first, that way you don't have to waste money on a script if it doesnt work.

Old 03-15-2008, 05:23 PM   #3
    sunshine123
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

sunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB Usersunshine123 HB User

I used to take Bextra also and it was the only med. that helped my arthritis. Now, I just take Advil and/or soak in the tub.

Old 03-16-2008, 07:33 AM   #4
    ellemae11
    (female)

ellemae11 HB User

I am taking 750mg nabumetone 2 times a day and it does take the pain away however I now have bruising from it so I will be changing to something else.

Old 03-16-2008, 10:31 AM   #5
    Ronnied
    Veteran
    (female)

Ronnied HB UserRonnied HB User

I have been given a mixture of leflunomide (dmard) and Arcoxia (anti inflammatory) and amiltryptiline (pain killer) and for the first time in 5 years I feel human again!! I ache still but nowhere near like I did and I am not so stiff in the morning and can get out of my chair easily again. Wonderful. I think the arcoxia is the main reason for the relief, but the mixture probably is the best thing to do. Hope you find something that suits soon.

Ronnie

Old 03-23-2008, 05:05 AM   #6
    bevann26
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

bevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB User

hi to all! i have been on lyrica, flexerill, salsalate, and prozac. i have fibromyalgia, ddd, dengerative spine, and joint disease..already had 2 knees and 1 hip replaced...i take percosett as needed for pain. a month worth of percs are only around $6.00.
    i have put on 15 lbs since i started this new regiment..lyrica does say may gain weight..have you noticed weight gain or being tired all the time? he is also switching me from prozac to cymbalta next wk..does anyone know if cymbalta is a better med, and are there any side effects?
    i'm hoping that all of us get less pain days....bevann

Closed Thread