It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board

• Anyone on Orencia ?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-24-2008, 08:18 AM   #1
    whatishappening
    Veteran
    (female)

whatishappening HB User
    Anyone on Orencia ?

Hello. I am presently on Humira ( once a week injection ) It has worked some what for me, but not great. Orencia is another option for me. Just wondering if anyone out there has experience with it? I am also taking MTX and low dose of Prednisone too. My main prob. is inflamation in my knees, i just can't find anything to really work well...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2008, 02:48 AM   #2
    AuntieLeela
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

AuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB User
    Re: Anyone on Orencia ?

I take Orencia, I've been taking it for over a year. It hasn't worked as well as I hoped. I'll switch to Actemra as soon as it comes out.

I've tried everything else except Rituxan - that one scares me.

Enbrel worked very well for two/three years and then stopped working. My rheumy said I developed a tolerance to the TNF Inhibitor drugs. He said I might be able to try it again after being off it for five years or so. It's been three + years, I'm waiting with bated breath to get back on it!

Old 01-22-2009, 01:36 PM   #3
    VeggieQueen58
    (female)

VeggieQueen58 HB User

Why does Rituxan scare you? I was just discussing alternatives with my rheumie today, including Orencia and Rituxan. She said she'll only give it to older patients.

Old 05-24-2011, 07:32 PM   #4
    maggiemay418
    (female)

maggiemay418 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by whatishappening View Post
    Hello. I am presently on Humira ( once a week injection ) It has worked some what for me, but not great. Orencia is another option for me. Just wondering if anyone out there has experience with it? I am also taking MTX and low dose of Prednisone too. My main prob. is inflamation in my knees, i just can't find anything to really work well...
    Hey. I feel like I'm writing the same thing over and over but if it works, you keep on saying it.. :-)
    I'm on Orencia and have been since around February 2010. I was on Humira before that and started Orencia when the Humira stopped working for me. It seemed like the Orencia wasn't going to work but after about 6 months of being on it, I could really start to see the difference. I take Imuren as well as the Orencia and so far, so good (knock on wood). For me, the inflamation and joint pain combined would knock me down for the count on bad days. I have RA throughout my body. Orencia lets me get up and do and I've been doing just that since the Orencia kicked in. Hope this helps.

Closed Thread