It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board

• they say its arthritis in back,but when i take antibiotics the pain goes away

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-23-2009, 09:22 AM   #1
    Ronsie2017
    (female)

Ronsie2017 HB User
    they say its arthritis in back,but when i take antibiotics the pain goes away

they say its arthritis in back,b ut when i take antibiotics the pain goes away

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2009, 05:16 PM   #2
    jennybyc
    Inactive

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User
    Re: they say its arthritis in back,but when i take antibiotics the pain goes away

There are some types of tetracycline that are used as anti-inflammatories so if you took one of those, it may have very well taken away your pain. Or perhaps if you are sick and taking the antibiotics, you are resting more and thus making your back feel better. But either way, enjoy the lack of pain while you've got it.

Jenny

Old 06-28-2009, 10:34 AM   #3
    Baybreeze
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Baybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB UserBaybreeze HB User
    Re: they say its arthritis in back,but when i take antibiotics the pain goes away

Hi,

What Jenny said is true. I am actually taking a lower dose antibiotic right now for rosacea. It is supposed to have an anti-inflammatory effect for my condition. Another thing to think about is lyme's disease, if you live in an area where there are deer (or actually there are other diseases caused by ticks besides lyme disease). If you have this for a long time, it can affect your spine & other joints. I believe that chronic lyme disease is many times treated with antibiotics..so this could be another possibility.

Closed Thread