It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board

• Something has to give with this pain and stiffness

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-26-2010, 09:22 AM   #1
    twina77
    (female)

twina77 HB User
    Question Something has to give with this pain and stiffness

Hello all this may get a little long please bare with me I need some advise I am 32 years old and my body feels like I am 90. I injured the cartilage in my left knee a couple years ago, my Ortho went in and cleaned it up that seemed to have helped the pain and stiffness in that knee for every bit of 3 months. Other than that I have had no injuries to other parts of my body, about a year and a half ago I started waking in the morning with extreme stiffness and pain in both knees it was also bad if I had been sitting for longer than 15 minutes or so I wasnt obese but was a little over weight I thought that may have been the problem too much weight on my legs so I lost weight things have gotten worse since.The next part to start hurting was my hands especially the right one I wake up my fingers are swollen and I cant grasp and hold on to things My sister's daughter was diagnosed with RA at the age of 28 by the time they finally diagnosed her there was damage to her hands so I mentioned this to my family Dr who said
    I had carpel tunnel, gave me a cort injection and sent me for some blood work and a hand x ray she said they came back ok, and that was that. I told her there had to be something going on she felt me fingers and said I didnt have what she would consider 'nodules" I felt that she just dismissed me That was about a year ago. Now my feet and elbows have joined the pain and stiffness. I am convinced there is some sort of Arthritis going on as I said I am only 32 years old and can not come up with any reasonable explanation for all the stiffness and pain and I am at the end of my rope with this. Anyone that has delt with this and has any advise they would like to share it would be so appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2010, 10:00 AM   #2
    faith41
    (female)

faith41 HB User
    Re: Something has to give with this pain and stiffness

You need to see a Rhuematologist. My hands became swollen and painful and my family doctor did xrays and blood work. The only thing was the sed rate was up. He immediately sent me to a rhuematologist. The rhuemy blood work did NOT show any RA factor etc. but the next month appointment the CRP was way up and still no RA factor but he said he thought that was what I had anyway. The rhuemy will tell you that not all symptoms will show up and you can have RA. Than goodness my doc sent me very early. I started methotrexate in October and now I am pain free and my hands are not swollen. I could not even close my fingers before and could not lift a plate before.
    Since it has been awhile get in to see a rhuematologist as soon as you can and find out just what this is. there are many kinds of arthritis.
    Good luck

The following user gives a hug of support to faith41:
    LADY DIANE (12-20-2010)
    Closed Thread