It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board

• Question about the oval 8 finger splint

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-28-2010, 08:48 PM   #1
    Boozjee
    (female)

Boozjee HB User
    Exclamation Question about the oval 8 finger splint

These can be used for Boutonniere or swan neck deformity, mallet finger, or sports injuries.

I can't wear the typical bulky splints that can be found at any drugstore because they are too large and interfere with hand movement. I need to be able to wear the splints 24/7 for 6 weeks or longer. The oval 8 splints can be worn all the time, even while showering, and don't interfere with normal hand movement.

My pharmacist said she can order some for me but needs to know what size so I don't end up wasting money getting the wrong size. In order to find out what size I need, I would need to go to a hand therapist or orthopedic/brace supplier and let them fit me, all for the low low price of $75 to $150. I don't have that right now. What I do have is the PIP joints on my pinky fingers on both hands in need of splints in order to prevent further deformity. Supposedly, the sizing kits they use are similar (but not exact) to ring sizes so could I use my PIP joint measurement for the size?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    Fractured ring finger... not sure what this is and a bit worried seafish Orthopedic 0 09-01-2009 06:13 PM
    Mallet finger, is it healed yet? notoriousmic24 Burns & Injuries 0 04-01-2009 10:25 AM
    Broken finger splint question frizzydizzy Bone Disorders 0 01-10-2009 02:51 PM
    Finger Fracture--questions rmc12 Orthopedic 4 11-12-2007 10:59 PM
    Badly dislocated ring finger...question hojo5353 Bone Disorders 1 07-12-2006 08:00 AM
    Trigger finger? need help please! canuck11 Open to All Other Health Topics 2 11-27-2005 06:14 AM
    Numbness/tingling due to finger fracture? canuck11 Open to All Other Health Topics 1 10-04-2005 11:35 AM
    Cannot straighten little (pinky) finger :( MoJo_Magic Burns & Injuries 1 05-11-2005 06:04 AM
    My experience - Avoid Cortisone Shots!!!! + A question for you taking B6. GAL WITH CHRONIC PAIN Carpal Tunnel Syndrome 0 10-23-2001 11:31 AM

Tags
    brace, dip, fingers, pip, splint