It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board

• How can I get a Colchicine discount coupon?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-09-2011, 08:33 AM   #1
    Enowil
    (male)

Enowil HB User
    How can I get a Colchicine discount coupon?

Hey all. I'm sure all you gout sufferers know that the price of Colchicine went through the roof when our esteemed government chose to regulate it's manufacture for our benefit. I have no health insurance and so don't qualify for a co-pay. Does anyone know how I can qualify for or apply for a discount coupon for Colchicine? I have a current prescription with several refills left on it, but the price went from about five or six dollars for thirty to five or six dollars apiece!!! I usually didn't use thirty in maybe over a year, but I now find myself without any and a gout episode flaring up. Please let me know. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2011, 05:59 AM   #2
    teteri66
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
    Re: How can I get a Colchicine discount coupon?

Yes, I was shocked when my husband's $10.00 prescription for 90 pills was suddenly almost $500.00 I hadn't heard that the FDA had stopped the production of colchicine until I investigated why there was this unbelievable jump in price.

The colchicine "replacement" that is now the only one sold in the U.S. is Colcrys. If you go to their website, under "Patient Assistance Program" you will see a variety of ways a patient can get assistance, as well as directions for finding a co-pay coupon, etc.

Old 06-10-2011, 08:48 AM   #3
    Enowil
    (male)

Enowil HB User

Thank you. I printed the free coupon and got seven free ones out of the deal. That ought to be enough to get me over this episode. I don't have health insurance so can't use the co-pay coupon, and there appeared to be other options that I will read later. Wonder if it is available with a prescription over the Internet from Canada? IDK. I'll look into that also. Wish I could move to Canada. Unpopular attitude, but it is what it is. Anyway, thanks again.

Last edited by Enowil; 06-10-2011 at 08:48 AM.

Old 06-10-2011, 11:36 AM   #4
    teteri66
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User

Yes, there are a number of online pharmacies where you can get generic colchicine and colcrys.

Old 06-10-2011, 12:53 PM   #5
    jennybyc
    Inactive

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User

And the Canadian government knows how many of us would like to move there for the medical care. And you can't get in. They won't approve anyone over 40 unless you are a professional like a doctor.

I grew up in Montreal and my sister is married to a man with dual US/Canadian citizenship and she can't go back but he can. I should phrase that, she used to be married to a man who........

Jenny

PS I'm allergic to colchicine but take a biologic drug that costs $2,500/month.

Closed Thread