It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arthritis Message Board

• Could this be RA?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-04-2013, 08:32 AM   #16
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
    Re: Could this be RA?

I am so sorry you got dismissed like this. Your Dr. sounds very closed minded and uncompassionate. I would find another Dr and consider going back to the Mayo clinic in Rochester this time if you can, and ask them to start you on treatment and do everything they can to pin down the diagnosis so you can follow up with a local Dr. to continue the treatment they start you on. You have been through a miserable roller coaster of not being believed (about your symptoms and the fevers) and your abnormal lab tests blown off. Your local university clinic may be helpful if a revisit to Mayo clinic doesn't work. It is so frustrating and demeaning to be treated this way. You deserve better, and I would get your records and go elsewhere. I hope you get a good Dr. next time who listens, cares, and will help you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2013, 05:15 PM   #17
    teacupsnjeans
    (female)

teacupsnjeans HB User

Thank you! I apologize for my rant...I was just really frustrated. As I told her..the fact remains that the bloodwork and the symptoms all lean toward Lupus or RA or both. At this point I am going to look to other treatments. I have read a lot about Gerson Therapy and how it works wonders with Lupus and RA and I think I am going to give it a go. I think I was mostly hurt by the way she treated me today more than anything else. I am an intelligent woman and a human being and was treated like a fool today and that hurt. I will be ok though!!! I am looking into starting the Gerson Therapy next week...I have to get prepared for it. I will share how its going if you would like. Thank you so much for listening to me and caring enough to do so. You are a wonderful person and I appreciate you!

Old 12-05-2013, 09:37 AM   #18
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by teacupsnjeans View Post
    Thank you! I apologize for my rant...I was just really frustrated. As I told her..the fact remains that the bloodwork and the symptoms all lean toward Lupus or RA or both. At this point I am going to look to other treatments. I have read a lot about Gerson Therapy and how it works wonders with Lupus and RA and I think I am going to give it a go. I think I was mostly hurt by the way she treated me today more than anything else. I am an intelligent woman and a human being and was treated like a fool today and that hurt. I will be ok though!!! I am looking into starting the Gerson Therapy next week...I have to get prepared for it. I will share how its going if you would like. Thank you so much for listening to me and caring enough to do so. You are a wonderful person and I appreciate you!
    I am not familiar with Gerson therapy, but will look into it. Please do update and let us know how that is helping, for my sake and any others who are reading this thread. It is nice we are all trying to help one another get through difficult health issues and live life to our best ability.

Old 01-07-2014, 06:12 PM   #19
    teacupsnjeans
    (female)

teacupsnjeans HB User

Ladybud,

I ended up getting in with an amazing rheumy today! He believes I do have RA as my xrays showed that my knuckles are turning sideways. He is going to do an MRI of my hands to get a better look at things. He sais I also have Osteoarthritis in my feet and believes I have Spinal Degeneration Disease as well. He said my bloodwork shows autoimmune disease and is stating me on MTX, Folic Acid and has given me some medications to help with the pain including a topical cream. I am feeling much better knowing I have found a good dr!

Old 01-07-2014, 06:13 PM   #20
    teacupsnjeans
    (female)

teacupsnjeans HB User

That is exciting!!!!! I am trying to pull more plant based foods into my diet so I am hoping that will help as well!!!! Thanks so much for the info I will have to check out that book!

Old 01-07-2014, 07:29 PM   #21
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Teacups... You just made my day! I am so glad you found a good Dr who is taking this seriously, checking it out appropriately, and starting you on treatment. The Methotrexate has helped me a great deal for my RA/SLE. It takes awhile to kick in and establish what dose you need, but at least you are on your way to getting better and have a good Dr. now to help you! Yeah!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to ladybud For This Useful Post:
    teacupsnjeans (01-08-2014)
    Closed Thread

Tags
    autoimmune dieases, rheumatoid arthritis (ra)