It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board

• Asthma Attack, and other newbie doubts.

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-25-2015, 08:38 PM   #1
    stargrave
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

stargrave HB Userstargrave HB Userstargrave HB Userstargrave HB User
    Asthma Attack, and other newbie doubts.

As I've posted before I'm new to Asthma, newly diagnosed that is, because when I've read the early warning signs sticky, I could easily relate to about 80% of the symptoms mentioned there.

BUT... not until recently, I've experienced some breathing issues that I can't remember having before. Still I don't know what qualifies as an Asthma Attack and what do you consider just chronic Asthma symptoms.

I'm still trying to figure this out because most of the times when I felt worse, I actually tested good in the spirometer, and my lungs heard ok. And sometimes when I feel "Normal", my lungs seem to be bad.

I don't have a strict action plan, because my Social Security Doctors treat you like an animal to say the least. So for them is "Use your rescue inhaler up to 4 times(8 dosis) in an hour. If you still can't breathe, rush to the hospital. :roll eyes:

My current symptoms are: Tightness in chest, lung ache(if that's possible) when I breathe, specially in my back(upper back), mild cough when I lay down, and shortness of breath that could be spontaneous or right after some physical effort, bot not so much during it. Sometimes it feels like if something squeezed my lungs inside my thorax. I've also got bouts of tiredness, and sighing.

Also I've had my back muscles sore and in pain, as well as my shoulders. In general I feel uneasy and not "right"

Can you relate to this? I this an asthma attack even when I performed great in the doctor's office?

Those are my new "real asthma" symptoms. But for years I've had, itchy nose and throat, stuffed nose, tiredness, uneasiness, black circles under my eyes, sore throat, heart palpitations, acid reflux.

Until now I can't recall any wheezing, besides when I cough a lot, and fortunately not blue lips or fingernails.

My final question of this post is: Could a treatment protocol, using inhalers, immunisation and the usual asthma stuff could actually flare up the asthmatic symptoms. I ask this because even before I knew about my diagnose, I've never felt like this, and since I started treatment I've started to feel the symptoms mentioned above, with some regularity.

Cheers

PS

For those who could be prescribed with Calcort/Dezaflacort: I'm on the 3rd day with the short course(30g for 7 days), and so far it has least side effects than the prednisone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2015, 07:32 AM   #2
    tj46140
    (female)

tj46140 HB User
    Re: Asthma Attack, and other newbie doubts-

Sorry I don't really have an answer for you. I'm sort of in the same boat though, new to asthma treatment although I've had it for years. I'm also struggling with knowing when it's a true asthma attack/symptom. I do the sighing thing quite a bit. Sometimes it's nice just to know that you're not alone or crazy about this stuff.
    tj

The Following User Says Thank You to tj46140 For This Useful Post:
    stargrave (06-25-2015)
    Old 06-22-2015, 07:39 AM   #3
    tj46140
    (female)

tj46140 HB User
    Re: Asthma Attack, and other newbie doubts-

Sorry I don't really have an answer for you. I'm sort of in the same boat though, new to asthma treatment although I've had it for years. I'm also struggling with knowing when it's a true asthma attack/symptom. I do the sighing thing quite a bit. Sometimes it's nice just to know that you're not alone or crazy about this stuff.
    tj

Reply Reply