It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board

29 and terrified

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-13-2017, 10:44 AM   #1
megustapunkrock
(female)

megustapunkrock HB User
29 and terrified

So I have quit smoking. But I worry I quit too late, when u breathe out I hear crackles in my throat. As someone with anxiety this has me terrified. What could this be

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2017, 01:29 PM   #2
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: 29 and terrified

How long ago did you quit? It could just be getting used to not smoking. And even if you have asthma, there is nothing to be terrified about! I've had it for over 20 years and it's rarely an issue at all.

Old 07-11-2017, 03:48 PM   #3
heyhihello11
(female)

heyhihello11 HB User
Re: 29 and terrified

Gotta give it time. For however long you smoked, you have a lot of tar build up on your lungs that need time to adjust to breathing constant clean air that isn't a cigarette. SO like all things, give it time. You'll cough, hack, wheeze. . . all of that non fun stuff. Let yourself heal. I'd give it a month or two (unless you'd go see your PCP, then I wouldn't encourage you not to see them) to see how you adjust. Until then up your water intake, eat a good healthy balanced diet, walk within reason, don't push yourself. You can get through this! Congratulations on quitting, that isn't easy for anybody I am sure. I haven't ever smoked, but I did have family that smoked and have since quit all together. My husband used to smoke when we first met, but I had explained my Asthma difficulties with him and he quit.

Hang in there, you will get through it. If you sit and do nothing but worry about it, you will make yourself much more miserable. You did a great thing by quitting and you are ONLY 29. YOU CAN DO THIS!

Reply Reply