It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board

Hi all, new here.

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-11-2017, 03:37 PM   #1
heyhihello11
(female)

heyhihello11 HB User
Hi all, new here.

Hi all

So to make a long story short, I was born with Asthma as an infant, used a breathing machine all of my childhood, had rescue inhalers, steroid inhalers all of it. I've dealt with Asthma all of my life. I had my first child in 2011 and for some reason during my pregnancy, I had completely gotten rid of all of my Asthma. After I had my son, I could run, skip, hike. . . basically do everything I wished I could throughout my 21 years of life (now 27) At the beginning of last month, my family and I had seemed to have caught a sinus infect and somehow I was lucky enough (sarcasm to catch it the worst triggering my Asthma) After about 2 days of this sinus cold I had what I thought was a nightmare of an Asthma attack. My lungs hurt, I was horribly wheezy and questioned whether I would make it or not. After about 3 days of waiting, I finally went into the doctor, all she told me is that I had an illness that was causing my Asthma to flare, thus why my lungs were in bad shape.

I was prescribed Prednisone (2 tablets a day for 5 days only) and my first abuterol inhaler in about a 6 year period. After I was done with the prednisone, about three days after I finished my prednisone, I would say I went into the doctor on the 4th of last month, called my doctor to follow up on probably the 11th of last month (uninsured because it costs so much, will be re-insured next month) because since then I have had this strange need to take a deep breath. I've had a couple coughs here and there, my kids have had a 24 hour bug which I've caught and had the regular fatigue from, but I still have this need to take a deep breath. I can do it when I need to do it, I just have this need to take deep breaths. I feel like maybe I am being to self conscious with my breathing and putting more stress on my breathing than I should?

I don't feel the need to use my inhaler, I can walk for hours, I can speed walk, I can climb hills at a reasonable pace. So I mean, I am not in a debilitating state, I am just annoyed that I take these deep breaths, when it hasn't ever been an issue for me before. I know we aren't all doctors here, but I wonder if anybody has ever been in this similar situation.

I may also add that for about a week at the end of May I walked my son to and from school on a brave whim and pollen counts were pretty nasty in my area, I am wondering if that could have been a factor in this. I did also just go through a move (a stressful, sorrowful one at that) I also have anxiety and suffer from depression. I've completely changed my diet, to be honest I ate so poorly a couple of months ago and now I am putting a conscious effort to make sure I eat right, drink enough water and exercise within reason, now because of the Asthma come back.

Like I said before, I am not in a debilitating state, I am able to be physical, I sleep just fine, I just feel the need to take deep breaths since this cold I had Anybody else been here before?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2017, 09:31 PM   #2
Hannah1492
(female)

Hannah1492 HB User
Re: Hi all, new here.

Your post was very detailed but from what I understand you had a flare up of asthma took predisone and used albuterol and when that ran out your breathing issue started.

The most logical place to look for answers would be asthma, lung irritation, allergies something that those meds were treating.

This will take a dr to get a diagnosis. Sometimes I deep breath from things that cause adrenal rushes - heart arrythmia, low blood sugar and now asthma I have to sit and breath slowly and calm myself down.

Wish you the best!

Reply Reply