It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board

is there any way to get rid of perfume fumes from a sink?

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-12-2017, 07:23 PM   #1
Hannah1492
(female)

Hannah1492 HB User
is there any way to get rid of perfume fumes from a sink?

I have multiple chemical sensitivity and asthma. I try not to leave my bedroom because l landlord cooks 3 meals a day with high heat and olive oil and the oil singes and makes me wheeze but today so I dumped the water from a can of tuna in my bathroom sink land lord complained it smelled and then dumped perfume down the sink Set off very bad asthma. Last landlord also did that I tried a whole box of baking soda followed by 4L of vinegar and it didn't work Today tried whole bottle of ammonia and a lot of dishwashing soap. Please tell me theres something.

The fumes of perfume makes my eyes and throat burn, my head spins like someone chucked a rock at me, get sinus infection, and am having close to the worst asthma attack ever Used rescue 3 times in a row.

I'm already so hungry trying to find foods I can store in my room and eat without cooking I've lost 16 lbs (much needed) in 5 weeks.

How am I even going to brush my teeth?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2017, 07:58 PM   #2
Hannah1492
(female)

Hannah1492 HB User
Re: is there any way to get rid of perfume fumes from a sink?

Apparently using the rescue 3 times in a row isn't a good idea! I started shaking and heaving having weird heart palpitations and I'm still wheezing and coughing anyway.

Last edited by Hannah1492; 09-12-2017 at 11:21 PM.

Old 09-12-2017, 10:46 PM   #3
Hannah1492
(female)

Hannah1492 HB User

Its horrible.

plus they always close the bathroom door so all the perfume fumes fill the air.

going to try brushing my teeth in the shower and dumping a whole pot of coffee down the drain. the shower isn't so bad, just I have a cast on my foot so its awkward.

Put 2 whole pots of coffee down the drain and a bottle of beach, some essential oils-smells a lot better than the perfume and covered the sink with a dish towel to try and keep the fumes in the sink.

Last edited by Hannah1492; 09-12-2017 at 11:26 PM.

Old 09-13-2017, 08:29 PM   #4
Harri3t
Veteran
(female)

Harri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB User

Yikes! Be very careful not to mix bleach and ammonia. It can release toxic gases and be deadly especially in enclosed spaces like a bathroom.

Flushing a drain with lots of plain water should be enough to clear it. That it would remain in the drain after all you've flushed it with doesn't seem likely to me. If you still smell perfume, is it possible it is not in the drain but on the sink or surrounding areas or even the floor?

Old 09-13-2017, 09:26 PM   #5
Hannah1492
(female)

Hannah1492 HB User

Landlord didnt want me wasting water and kept turning it off. We have a language barrier. I could smell the smell even under the sink in the cupboard. Someone told me the long lasting perfumes have oil in them so I used hot soapy water and a lot of essential oil and it did the trick or the essential oils are masking it. At least i"m not wheezing anymore.

I've had 2 landlords that perfume sinks, must be a Vietnamese thing.

Reply Reply