It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board

• Daughter asthma attack for 10 days

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 10-22-2017, 07:32 PM   #1
    Melisal
    (female)

Melisal HB User
    Daughter asthma attack for 10 days

Hi. My daughter has been suffering with asthma for 10 days. Her Dr sent us to the Dr last week. They prescribed prednisone and it didn't help. We went back to the ER and they prescribed codeine cough medicine. That made her ill. The Dr prescribed a stronger nebulizer treatment and a higher treatment of prednizone. It's been 3 days and she is still weezing. The pulmonologist is 3 days away and I'm not sure what do do

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2017, 11:19 PM   #2
    Harri3t
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Harri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB UserHarri3t HB User
    Re: Daughter asthma attack for 10 days

How old is your daughter? Is she in any respiratory distress? Are the neb meds effective and how often were you told they could be given?

If she is in any respiratory distress I would not hesitate to take her back to the ER. If it can wait until morning I would call the pulmonologist, explain the situation, and ask to be seen sooner if possible. Is this a first visit or follow up? If a followup, they may be able to give you further instructions until you can be seen. They may want to change her meds or their frequency.

If the pulmonologist is unavailable, call her regular doctor and ask for guidance and an action plan to use in situations like this.

Good luck and hugs for your daughter. Hope you get this under control soon.

Last edited by Harri3t; 10-22-2017 at 11:20 PM.

Old 10-23-2017, 04:56 AM   #3
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Daughter asthma attack for 10 days

If all she's doing is wheezing, she should be fine like that for a few days. It's annoying but not critical. I would continue to try to get in sooner to the pulmo.

Reply Reply