It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board

• I gold medalled in the asthma olympics today!

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 12-26-2017, 03:10 PM   #1
    Hannah1492
    (female)

Hannah1492 HB UserHannah1492 HB User
    I gold medalled in the asthma olympics today!

Do you have days like this?

I was psyched up about my daily plans but I awakened to the sound of the washing machine full of fabric softner. I have to go thru the laundry room to get into the house. The door on my side was left open so I could also smell perfume of the user.

I waited the 45 min made it to the shower breathing through a kleenex, the next load was started, stealing all the hot water and making it pure hell to get back to my room. Okay that load is finished 11:15. The whole house is closed up all full of the smell fabric softner. I sit in the yard to recover 12:15. Its now 24 hrs since I've eaten.

I run to the store to buy one thing and the cashier reeks to high heaven of perfume, I have to turn my face away to finish the transaction. Go to the next store, run in the bathroom where there is not one but 4 air freshners in a tiny little bathroom. I had no intention of using the perfumed handsoap.

I get home 2 pm. I can smell the fabric softner thats vented outside from my car, very strong because load 3 is going. I stuffed the groceries in the fridge and had a good cry, probably because I'm starving. On the plus side I've lost 28lbs living here.

I do my best to mouth breath because I have chronic sinus infections from fragrance and my nose is burning with irritation.

That's life with asthma.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-26-2017, 08:15 PM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: I gold medalled in the asthma olympics today!

Check with your doc forQNasl....it works great for fragrance/odor reactions....it's a nasal inhaler.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: Titchou
    Hannah1492 (12-31-2017)
    Old 12-30-2017, 06:12 PM   #3
    Hannah1492
    (female)

Hannah1492 HB UserHannah1492 HB User
    Re: I gold medalled in the asthma olympics today!

Thanks titchou

I see a pulmonary dr for the first time in January. I've had very poor sleep. Since I started really dieting I would wake up freezing cold and sweating thru pjs and sheets. I quit the inhaler and am sleeping a lot better. I stopped for 8 days but being around fragrance for too long brings back ashthma symptoms I just live with. I started mild exercise no symptoms yet, so maybe Q Nasi will be a better answer for me.

Reply Reply