It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board

• Advice Welcome!

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 10-24-2019, 08:20 PM   #1
    Out of the Blue
    (male)

Out of the Blue HB User
    Advice Welcome!

I have developed shortness of breath lately and am very unsure what might be causing it.

Over the several decades of my life respiratory issues have never emerged before. A few potential issues that might be involved, though, are a mold problem that we waited quite some time to fix up and then dry walling afterwards which I was exposed to (we fixed this up about a year ago), there are some dental problems that I intend to investigate soon, possibly some nutrition deficiencies as well though I have started on daily multivitamins and do feel better, while the wheeze remains.

What is most concerning is that on my exhale my respiratory tract shuts down completely. I can push through the inhale, it is mostly the exhale that is a problem. Yet, during the day I am almost entirely unaware of the problem, though there is occasional wheezing when I stress it. It is mostly nighttime that is the big worry as I have been waking up with headaches
    and on first rising my ability to exhale is greatly compromised.

I went to a doctor about this and was prescribed Pulmicort. The doctor seemed quite perplexed by my presentation. Never smoked, smoke free house, no history of respiratory issues, ... A big mystery.

A suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Might there be any alternative medicines that might be helpful (e.g. honokiol)?

Last edited by Out of the Blue; 10-25-2019 at 10:58 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2019, 03:48 PM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Advice Welcome!

I would see a pulmonologist for complete asthma testing. That's the only way to know for sure.

Reply Reply

« Anyone take Qvar? | - »