It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Asthma Message Board

• Saguaro School - Tucson

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-18-2021, 07:38 PM   #1
    tech1972
    (male)

tech1972 HB User
    Smile Saguaro School - Tucson

I attended the Saguaro School for asthmatics from June 1960 to November 1961. It was run by the National Foundation for Asthmatic Children.
    The Tucson climate and the school helped to improve my health and taught me a lot about life and people. I was over 2000 miles from home and grew up a lot from the experience. Being 9 years old I was homesick for a while, but as I made friends, things got better.

Many years later, I attended Va. Tech. Since Va. Tech was only 210 miles from home it was an easy transition. And it was my second time living in a dorm.

I often thought about retiring in Tucson, but life in my native Richmond VA intervened. I did visit Tucson twice since leaving the school and drove by the old boarded up school once.

Fond memories.

Glenn Ivey

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply